Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Forum Design

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a question, how do you cancel a post if you decided not to post it? I started a reply to this thread but decided not to post it, now, every time I visit this thread, the old post is there in the reply box. I imagine that once I make this post it will be gone, but it's a bit annoying. The old forum had a "Cancel Post" button that would clear the reply box, and I assume dump the old post out of autosave.

Few people already gave some suggestions, here is one more that I find efficient (least number of clicks)

If you do all the typing (hopefully after or/with some thinking) into the box, and then suddenly it falls on you that it might be foolish or misplaced to post, and there is no delete button, then just use keyboard delete and delete all the foolish text. The text box is open for edits, including full delete, until you post it.

Administrators: The editing of my thoughts is much longer process than the current edit window. It would be really great to get at least couple of days available for edit. Please.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but I don't recall seeing it in this thread. There used to be badges/icons for TMC Connect attendance. I don't see those anymore (at least mine is gone, can't say for certain about others). Are they gone? If so, will they return?

If you do all the typing (hopefully after or/with some thinking) into the box, and then suddenly it falls on you that it might be foolish or misplaced to post, and there is no delete button, then just use keyboard delete and delete all the foolish text. The text box is open for edits, including full delete, until you post it.

Yes that works. I think I must have previously closed out of the page without deleting the text, and then when I came back and saw the auto saved text it would not delete, maybe because I didn't wait on the page long enough for auto save to kick in after I deleted the text again. I'll experiment to confirm.

Trying to not be redundant as I reported this way upthread, but in case it was lost, it would be great to have the Replies and Views columns in thread view properly reflect the number of posts and thread views once again. (Saying "Replies: xxx" across both columns isn't very helpful.) THX
Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 5.11.56 AM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: danny and Andyw2100
We are absolutely working on how we can improve the above (where we believe there is improvement to be made.
If you could provide a 'dark mode' so that we can have white text on black background that would be awesome for when I'm reading at night, all this bright light fools the brain into thinking it's day and makes getting to sleep harder.

You must be missing something for sure because I was able to upload a screenshot from my iPhone today which was impossible in the old TMC vbulletin system! When I first tried to link an image I tried doing it like you and upload it to drobox and link to it but upon closer inspection I saw an upload button and it worked perfectly even on an iPhone. That was just impossible before. Have a look in the post or reply box for the upload button. It's there.

The upload works but doesn't display the images in-line with the text, it hangs them on the bottom of the post. I tried creating an album from my Mac but saw no way to add images to that album so that I could use the inline image button.

If you could provide a 'dark mode' so that we can have white text on black background that would be awesome for when I'm reading at night, all this bright light fools the brain into thinking it's day and makes getting to sleep harder.
If you use a Mac, f.lux is an excellent way to cut blue light. I've been using it for years. If you're on iOS, 9.3 - coming in a week or two - will include Night Shift, which will provide similar functionality. Or, if you're a jailbreaker, you can install f.lux for iOS that way. I'm certain there are Android and Windows alternatives.

I believe that even dark themes, when backlit with blue light, trick the eye into thinking it's daytime. It's easier on the eyes, but I think using one of these color shifting applications is a more effective way to achieve what you're attempting.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
Once again voicing my displeasure in the loss of productivity due to the new site design while interacting with this wonderful, excellent community of Tesla enthusiasts. I can't understand why this change wasn't "focus grouped" and demo'ed for the greater community before going "down for maintenance" last week.
Hard to really simulate the whole experience without full complement of members posting @ volume. Best way is to whack us with the cold fish and then scurry to patch up issues. The pace and scope of scurrying has been impressive. None of us except admins can fully appreciate how dilapidated the old platform was. Got to trust them on that.

• Helpful
Reactions: GLDYLX and danny
If you use a Mac, f.lux is an excellent way to cut blue light. I've been using it for years. If you're on iOS, 9.3 - coming in a week or two - will include Night Shift, which will provide similar functionality. Or, if you're a jailbreaker, you can install f.lux for iOS that way. I'm certain there are Android and Windows alternatives.

I believe that even dark themes, when backlit with blue light, trick the eye into thinking it's daytime. It's easier on the eyes, but I think using one of these color shifting applications is a more effective way to achieve what you're attempting.

F.lux is great, on a Mac, and I use it there. Not available on iPhone/iPad which where I do most of my evening/night reading.

Might be there in iOS 9.3, but it also tends to reduce contrast. Compare with the nice all black and white view of Tapatalk I had before...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    503.6 KB · Views: 34
Ok. Now that I'm caught up on this thread.

First, to @doug and @danny, THANKS! I've run large forums before and I know how much work you've been through on this. I really didn't like most of the changes when they went live on Monday but the tweaks you've been making have been great and I do love that the site is now usable in a mobile browser. I like tapatalk but I didn't like that it had no support for like/rep and for polls, etc. I can get used to this site in a mobile browser though my dark mode request stands!

One of the other reasons I always had a love/hate relationship with tapatalk was that signatures were hidden, how domain get them back in the mobile browser version?

The reaction buttons (thanks for those) are too small for fingers in the mobile browser, I have to be very slow and deliberate with them now. (See attached)

Can you explain how albums are supposed to work? I was able to create an album but don't see how to add to that album?

I think/hope albums are the answer here, but it would be nice to post pictures online and not just have them dropped into attachments.

Love the select/reply capability!

Thanks again for the hard work!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    354.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Informative
Reactions: danny
You must be missing something for sure because I was able to upload a screenshot from my iPhone today which was impossible in the old TMC vbulletin system! When I first tried to link an image I tried doing it like you and upload it to drobox and link to it but upon closer inspection I saw an upload button and it worked perfectly even on an iPhone. That was just impossible before. Have a look in the post or reply box for the upload button. It's there.
Interesting. I'm obviously missing something too. On previous version of TMC, using iPhone or iPad, I clicked the image icon, select upload from computer (which opened dialog with photos folder), select image, click upload and close dialog after image thumbnail appeared.

On this current forum sw, I am still unable to upload image from iPad. I have now created three albums, none of which appear to allow me access. I am obviously missing something. Is there a wiki attached to this huge thread on the methods being described in some if the responses / differences?

Reactions: Andyw2100
It was simple to upload an image on the old site. I did it all the time. I'm not sure what you were missing on the old site.

As for this one, when I select the image icon from the message composition menu, I see the following:

View attachment 167396

There is no option to simply upload an image.

If the option is under the camera icon, I'm not interested in taking a photo right now, so had not tried that. Checking that option, it appears there are media options there that may or may not work, may involve creating albums, etc., and certainly are not as straight-forward as simply navigating to a file and selecting "upload", which is how things worked under the old system.

I believe I've answered my own question (apologies if this is buried in these replies somewhere).
If I click the spanner icon on far right:
image.jpeg

I can upload an image as before.

I then click on "full image."

If I want to inline it, I need to go to "more options" and cut/paste the [ ATTACH=full... Etc, section until the closing ], from the start of the reply to the insert point I want.

Clicking the spanner appears to enable a limited editing mode. Yo ho back yo default view click on "rich text editor".

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100