Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw on one of the FB groups that they had moved a bunch of the pre-delivery cars to another area that stayed dry, so perhaps if you were expecting delivery within a few days, they may just be able to shift the car to Springfield. At least they didn't lose everything that was on the lot.... The photo I saw had a lot of white M3 and MY's.

my Paramus order was just assigned to Springfield, so it looks like it is happening already...
This morning at exit 16W, almost all white…

Attachments

• 1C01C2A6-B96E-4641-A500-8232AA792DB5.jpeg
    1C01C2A6-B96E-4641-A500-8232AA792DB5.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 90
I drove by the Paramus location this weekend and tried to get on the lot to check things out, but they had security in the driveway chasing people away. The charging station is still functional but the showroom windows are boarded up and I believe part of the roof collapsed. The building is surrounded by three creeks/streams. It was basically doomed. That said, if the charging station is still working, my guess is that the lot was probably okay. I also heard a rumor on the other thread that they we're still doing deliveries from this location, but that seems unlikely given the damage to the building. I didn't see any tents or other ways to set up work stations outside, so my guess is that they will reroute deliveries to Springfield, NJ.

I dropped my car off in Lawrenceville for service - a truck rolled in loaded up, 2 MS cars - couldn't tell if they were LR or Plaid (they had the Tempest wheel covers) and an equal amount of MY and M3. One of the M3 was the Performance version with Uberturbine wheels - very sharp look. Will try and see what the MS's were when I go back to pick up.

I drove by the Paramus location this weekend and tried to get on the lot to check things out, but they had security in the driveway chasing people away. The charging station is still functional but the showroom windows are boarded up and I believe part of the roof collapsed. The building is surrounded by three creeks/streams. It was basically doomed. That said, if the charging station is still working, my guess is that the lot was probably okay. I also heard a rumor on the other thread that they we're still doing deliveries from this location, but that seems unlikely given the damage to the building. I didn't see any tents or other ways to set up work stations outside, so my guess is that they will reroute deliveries to Springfield, NJ.
deliveries are back up at Paramus. I got an email from them last weekend..

Reactions: G.D.H
FINALLY

I just got off the phone with my SA. FINALLY received my VIN!!!! Estimated pick up on 9/15, car currently in transit through Nebraska.
SA also confirmed deliveries are ongoing at Paramus
I did a drive by and in addition to the boarded up lobby the entrance to it from route 17 was blocked off. Maybe they’re doing some repairs and it will be back open next week. Good luck!

I'm picking up my M3SR+ from Springfield on Thursday! The car has been there since Saturday but I just couldn't get there sooner. Here's hoping I don't find too many surprise miles on it...

I am totally new to the Tesla and EV world, I ordered an in-stock car last week that shipped from PA. Few questions for anyone that has answers:

1. I keep wondering if I made the right decision, I started with the Model Y LR AWD and placed an order, but it doesn't arrive until late December / early January. So I switched to the M3SR+ since it would be quicker, and $5k state rebate to boot. How can I tell how much state funding is left for this incentive? Does this get locked in when I order?

2. I haven't figured my charging situation out. I can't fit my car in my garage (we use it for storage), but can park in the driveway. My choices are 110v plug (connected to a heavy duty extension cable), or an unused NEMA 14-30 plug in my washer/dryer room right past the garage (about 30 feet away from the driveway). I live in a townhome and will probably move soon, so I don't want to invest too much. Does PSE&G have incentives for a new 220v plug install? I read something about getting up to $1500 returned but it sounds too good to be true?

Thanks all. I'll keep reading, here's hoping I don't have any regrets!

I'm picking up my M3SR+ from Springfield on Thursday! The car has been there since Saturday but I just couldn't get there sooner. Here's hoping I don't find too many surprise miles on it...

I am totally new to the Tesla and EV world, I ordered an in-stock car last week that shipped from PA. Few questions for anyone that has answers:

1. I keep wondering if I made the right decision, I started with the Model Y LR AWD and placed an order, but it doesn't arrive until late December / early January. So I switched to the M3SR+ since it would be quicker, and $5k state rebate to boot. How can I tell how much state funding is left for this incentive? Does this get locked in when I order?

2. I haven't figured my charging situation out. I can't fit my car in my garage (we use it for storage), but can park in the driveway. My choices are 110v plug (connected to a heavy duty extension cable), or an unused NEMA 14-30 plug in my washer/dryer room right past the garage (about 30 feet away from the driveway). I live in a townhome and will probably move soon, so I don't want to invest too much. Does PSE&G have incentives for a new 220v plug install? I read something about getting up to $1500 returned but it sounds too good to be true?

Thanks all. I'll keep reading, here's hoping I don't have any regrets!
1. You can see how much funding is left by vising the NJ Charge Up website. There is about $4.5M left as of writing this. However, you should know that they don't always update the site. Last week, the utilization jumped by $10M overnight. So you definitely made the right choice :)

2. Your charging needs are driven (no pun intended) by your driving needs. 110v will charge at 3-4 miles per hour. So if you leave your car plugged in 12 hours overnight, that's about 50 miles of range. This might be enough for your day to day needs. Weekends/longer trips might be an issue, but you can squeeze in a supercharger boost. If you have a NEMA plug, definitely get a longer cable and use it. 14-30 can charge at about 22-25miles per hour. That will get you a full battery almost every night. There are many extension cables available. They can be useful on longer road trips too. PSEG has an incentive, but it is still in the works and not final yet. If it comes through, you will get up to $1500 rebate on a qualifying smart EV charger (not plug) that relays charging data back to them for verification. It will not work for the Tesla wall connector, unless something changes. There is a 30% Federal tax refund on your charger and electrical set up cost that you can claim when doing your taxes, if eligible (tax-wise).

1. You can see how much funding is left by vising the NJ Charge Up website. There is about $4.5M left as of writing this. However, you should know that they don't always update the site. Last week, the utilization jumped by $10M overnight. So you definitely made the right choice :)

2. Your charging needs are driven (no pun intended) by your driving needs. 110v will charge at 3-4 miles per hour. So if you leave your car plugged in 12 hours overnight, that's about 50 miles of range. This might be enough for your day to day needs. Weekends/longer trips might be an issue, but you can squeeze in a supercharger boost. If you have a NEMA plug, definitely get a longer cable and use it. 14-30 can charge at about 22-25miles per hour. That will get you a full battery almost every night. There are many extension cables available. They can be useful on longer road trips too. PSEG has an incentive, but it is still in the works and not final yet. If it comes through, you will get up to $1500 rebate on a qualifying smart EV charger (not plug) that relays charging data back to them for verification. It will not work for the Tesla wall connector, unless something changes. There is a 30% Federal tax refund on your charger and electrical set up cost that you can claim when doing your taxes, if eligible (tax-wise).
Yikes! Thanks, now I wished I picked up my car ASAP instead of punting to Thursday... looks like I'm cutting it close!

My delivery has been pushed out a week. Ugh but understandable given damage to Paramus, my pickup location. My only real frustration is lack of response. I have had two txt messages telling me it’s time to schedule delivery and each time I try “there are no delivery slots available”. The last line in text is “if you need assistance please respond to this txt”. I did and no response. Keep in mind I was previously scheduled for the 10th but it was removed after IDA.

Whats another week. Not bitching, just sharing my experience for others.

Ordered a MYLR on 7/1/21 and got sick of waiting so I ordered the MYP 3 weeks ago and took delivery yesterday.

I never canceled my MYLR order and it currently has an Estimated Delivery of October 25 - November 14.

Posting here to see if anybody wants to take over my reservation. See attached for build details and financials.

DM me if you're interested.

FYI, this order was placed before the $1000 price hike. Looking to recoup my deposit and $500. Spoke with my SA and the transfer process is very simple. DM me if you're interested. View attachment 706672View attachment 706675

My delivery has been pushed out a week. Ugh but understandable given damage to Paramus, my pickup location. My only real frustration is lack of response. I have had two txt messages telling me it’s time to schedule delivery and each time I try “there are no delivery slots available”. The last line in text is “if you need assistance please respond to this txt”. I did and no response. Keep in mind I was previously scheduled for the 10th but it was removed after IDA.

Whats another week. Not bitching, just sharing my experience for others.
Some people are getting text messages in error (I received a similar text today, with same outcome). I know this because I called and spoke to a sales associate... She told me there was a glitch and some users are receiving texts/emails/etc, but they are fixing. She also added that they have rented a building near the Paramus store, where they will be transferring the deliveries to... :rolleyes:

Some people are getting text messages in error (I received a similar text today, with same outcome). I know this because I called and spoke to a sales associate... She told me there was a glitch and some users are receiving texts/emails/etc, but they are fixing. She also added that they have rented a building near the Paramus store, where they will be transferring the deliveries to... :rolleyes:
Thanks for the info! I called Tesla and woman could tell me nothing. E-mails and txts have gone unanswered so I truly appreciate your response.

Reactions: Jteesejr