Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was scheduled to pickup my MY at Princeton/Lawrenceville on Monday 2/21 but they just asked if I could pick it up this Saturday 2/19. Of course I can. :)

Now I just need to get the Carvana offer on my old car finalized, so that I know I can remove the trade-in from my Tesla account.

I was scheduled to pickup my MY at Princeton/Lawrenceville on Monday 2/21 but they just asked if I could pick it up this Saturday 2/19. Of course I can. :)

Now I just need to get the Carvana offer on my old car finalized, so that I know I can remove the trade-in from my Tesla account.
Try Driveway also... They are run by Lithia. They recently moved into the DCH building in South Amboy and are giving out good prices at the moment because they are new. I sold my X5 to them. They were much higher than Carvana (which was actually one of the lowest).

• Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Try Driveway also... They are run by Lithia. They recently moved into the DCH building in South Amboy and are giving out good prices at the moment because they are new. I sold my X5 to them. They were much higher than Carvana (which was actually one of the lowest).
I check Driveway offer and it was too good to be true. Is it a really trustworthy company? Their policy says they mail you a check 24-48 hrs after pickup your vehicle.

I check Driveway offer and it was too good to be true. Is it a really trustworthy company? Their policy says they mail you a check 24-48 hrs after pickup your vehicle.
Driveway is owned by Lithia and their offices are in the old DCH building on Rt 9 off the GSP. Lithia owns dealerships all over the country including the DCH Auto group dealerships in NJ. It is as legit as a car company can be. I just sold my X5 to them. A driveway rep came to my house, drove my car around the block and had all my paperwork ready to go. I signed the forms, gave them my keys, title and a voided check. He drove off in my car and they sent my money ACH the next day. My buddy is trying to sell his older X5 and they told him it will be a couple of weeks but his quote was still good. It seems like they are a little overwhelmed and sloppy right now, but I can assure you they are legit.

Reactions: ropuk
Ok got the car. Some swirl marks in the passenger rear side and rear view mirror wiggles left to right.

No PPF or mudflaps but it did have AMD and AS 4.

Have mobile tech coming Thursday to adjust the rear view mirror.

Also noticed that I can’t activate dashcam
even though USB is plugged in??

Guess I’ll need to ask the tech

Last edited:
Thanks, I was not aware of driveway.com - I just checked and they were a little higher than Vroom, Carmax, and Tesla, but Carvana is still offering me about $2700 more than any of these. I re-checked my car details a few times on Carvana to make sure I didn't enter anything wrong, I was surprised they're offering me as much as they are.

Reactions: Wahnyc
Ok got the car. Some swirl marks in the passenger rear side and rear view mirror wiggles left to right.

No PPF or mudflaps but it did have AMD and AS 4.

Have mobile tech coming Thursday to adjust the rear view mirror.

Also noticed that I can’t activate dashcam
even though USB is plugged in??

Guess I’ll need to ask the tech
Try unplugging the usb and replugging it back in. Worked for me.

Reactions: Dknj23
I have a July 2021 order date and have been bugging the customer service guys at Princeton to check on status. I am currently on the 222nd day and no VIN number with an EDD of May to June. The last CS guy I spoke to was very upset with me calling them often ( I am supposed to on some top priority now ) and told me that if I am not happy I can cancel the order and go away. Frankly in a polite way he said "Go to Hell". Felt bad and I told him I do not intend to call these guys every again. If customers are a pain, not sue why they even have a customer service center to begin with! Pretty awful CS!

I have a July 2021 order date and have been bugging the customer service guys at Princeton to check on status. I am currently on the 222nd day and no VIN number with an EDD of May to June. The last CS guy I spoke to was very upset with me calling them often ( I am supposed to on some top priority now ) and told me that if I am not happy I can cancel the order and go away. Frankly in a polite way he said "Go to Hell". Felt bad and I told him I do not intend to call these guys every again. If customers are a pain, not sue why they even have a customer service center to begin with! Pretty awful CS!
My OD was 9/11 with EDD May-June. Hoping this means that we are getting Austin vehicles, otherwise its way too long of a wait as many people after me already took deliveries.

Woke up to an email today saying :

Hi, this is Tesla Delivery reaching out.

Please log in to your Tesla account to review your payment method. Please reply with "Apply" if you need to apply for lending or leasing.
If your payment option is correct, please disregard this message.
Thank you!

If I’m paying via DCU, can I leave it as cash or do I change to leasing? Also, anyone have DP on how long it takes to get a VIN after receiving this email? I want to take delivery but due to poor timing, I don’t think it’s a good idea to take out a mortgage and car loan at the same time.

Woke up to an email today saying :

Hi, this is Tesla Delivery reaching out.

Please log in to your Tesla account to review your payment method. Please reply with "Apply" if you need to apply for lending or leasing.
If your payment option is correct, please disregard this message.
Thank you!

If I’m paying via DCU, can I leave it as cash or do I change to leasing? Also, anyone have DP on how long it takes to get a VIN after receiving this email? I want to take delivery but due to poor timing, I don’t think it’s a good idea to take out a mortgage and car loan at the same time.
You need to tell them you are financing and give them exact figures detailing the amount financed and the amount paid as downpayment. They will put this on the motor vehicle purchase agreement they will leave in the car for you to sign at pickup. This is even if you are using outside financing.

Reactions: Ccexplains
Picked it up this week. Dropped it off at the detailer, right after. Drove it a whole 11 miles lol.
Having done:
-Front PPF
-Front tints to match rear
-Paint correction and ceramic coating on paint, glass, wheels, and interior (since it’s white)
-Installing rear PPF by rear door
-Front mudflaps
Can’t wait to get her back and finally enjoy her.

P.S. carbon spoiler was already lifting on one end. Made service appointment to have them come and fix it.

🍻
2244E65B-C1AB-4E6D-B867-49252CC99411.jpeg

03178b19-a084-4436-92f7-ebb01cdbcb91-jpeg.770099

Attachments

• 03178B19-A084-4436-92F7-EBB01CDBCB91.jpeg
    03178B19-A084-4436-92F7-EBB01CDBCB91.jpeg
    540 KB · Views: 169
No VIN for me yet. I have an expected delivery date of Feb. 15 - March 15. Being today is the 11th I’m hoping to get a VIN soon.

Princeton pickup
Ordered 10/7
Expected: 02/15-03/15
Model Y
White exterior - black interior
Gemini wheels - With Hitch option

Just wondering, what is the earliest time of day one can get a VIN and what is the latest. I’m curious because sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and check. Is it like, if you don’t get a VIN by 5pm you can try again tomorrow after 8am? Just wondering.
Okay so Monday comes and now updated EDD is March 8-March 31.

Ugh. Well, I’ll check again in 3 weeks. = ( on a good note, hopefully my mode will have the new processor, battery and maybe no heat pump issue.