TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New Launch Mode - firmware 2.9.40

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by patp, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Carspotter Daily

Carspotter Daily Tesla > ICE

I will, thanks!

2. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Do you guys think that something "else" is coming after the Launch Control in PXXD family? The fact that the Launch Control is not generally available over the air kind of implies it is a "beta" of sorts, and first came out unexpectedly with the P85D to P85D Ludicrous hardware upgrade.

So do you think something else is in the works?

3. Cyclone

Cyclone Cyclonic Member ((.oO))

Possible, but also likely it's just not a "priority release" to Tesla and thus, mostly gets loaded as a result of the SvC's standing policy of updating cars to the latest firmware when they work on them. There have been many updates before that just didn't really go widespread and it could simply be Tesla has deemed this for the 2.9.x firmwares.

4. msnow

msnow Active Member

Also, no one knows when 7.1 will be released but there's wild unsubstantiated claims over at the teslamotors.com forum that SvC's (who really don't know either) are telling them that it's imminent.

5. NSX1992

NSX1992 Member

My plan to test Launch Mode at the Irwindale dragstrip failed due to the track being closed yesterday due to rain, so will try next Thursday but the long term weather indicates rain again. I requested the upgrade last December 15th and tried a few launches with uncertain results. It has been too cold recently to bother to heat up the battery, so waiting for warmer weather.

6. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

Anyone that had launch control previously getting 7.1 pushed?

7. KyP85D

KyP85D Member

I had launch control since mid December and got 7.1 today

8. LuckyLuke

LuckyLuke Model S P90DL

You do not need to wait for the pack warming to finish, just select/start it is enough.
    Make sure you press the brake hard enough because it won't work when you only gently apply the brakes.
    And when you're done just select sport mode and it'll stop warming the battery.
    It's a pretty useless function but it gives me a grin so I say mission accomplished Tesla [emoji2]

9. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

You can also just push the "pre-heat" words again to get the pop-up and turn it off that way while still remaining in insane/ludicrous mode.

10. NSX1992

NSX1992 Member

I am waiting for someone who got the new 7.1 upgrade and had Launch Mode to test if its still available as there are no notes or mention of it in 7.1.

11. Carspotter Daily

Carspotter Daily Tesla > ICE

12. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Well-Known Member

Had launch before and still have it after the update...... The question is, does launch exist in an inverter update and did 7.1 update the inverter????

13. Bill D

Bill D Member

My P90DL never got a download of a FW release with Launch Mode and the SvC refused to push it, so now I'm now patiently waiting for v7.1 and I'm assuming Launch Mode will be included even though it is not described in the release notes for v7.1.

Did anyone else first get Launch Mode when they got v7.1?

14. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

Yes. 7.1 includes launch mode for PnDs if you didn't have it before.

15. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

#355 Roadrunner13, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    ...not in Canada... :-(
    Didn't have it before, now have 7.1 but launch mode is not included...mind you, it's not as if we could use it before Spring...

EDIT: RTFM... and it works :redface:

16. Denarius

Denarius Active Member

It is not in the release notes, have you attempted to do it?

17. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

Yes...but not properly... :redface:
    As you mentionned, it's not in the release note so I didn't have proper instructions while the car.
    So I went back to the original thread and RTFM...it helped.
    So this second time, I enabled Max Battery Power and surprise, surprise, a bit of fancy pedal food work and 'Launch Mode Enabled' message appeared!

So, it's there!!!! :biggrin:

18. Bill D

Bill D Member

My wife's P85 received v7.1 yesterday, but my P90DL still hasn't.

I joined the Firmware Tracker to report her update and I saw on the Tracker Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App that no P90Ds have reported receiving v7.1 yet, so I'm curious if any P90D owners here (with or without Ludicrous) have received v7.1 yet.

19. legislator

legislator Member

Did the P85 get Launch Mode as well?

20. fiksegts

fiksegts Active Member

my wife's P85 got the update and my P90DL has not.... met a guy at the supercharger today and his P90DL didn't get it either...