Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Member, need CPO price advice please....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
New to forum and likely going to buy a P85+. Living in MI, but the Cleveland dealer will be likely selling and servicing the car for me. Could you give some advice on price negotiation with used Tesla S CPO prices. Is it normal to negotiate a bit on the price, as it would be for most other car purchases that I have completed, or is it part of the Tesla model that the price you see is the price you get, take it or leave it?

Many thanks,

Pricing is take it or leave it.

Upon delivery, take note of everything, from scratches on the wheels to interior wear. Tesla may chose to replace those things if you ask nicely. Also, ask about when the annual services were performed. If the car did not have its annual service done before you get it, they may chose to provide it to you.

We bought a CPO 2013 P85 last year. Its been great so far!

Ordered my CPO in December of 2015 and took delivery in Feb of 2016.
The price was set, but you can ask for some freebies at delivery.
Also, as mentioned above, make sure you do a thorough inspection of the car to get every little thing noted and fixed.
Tesla did a great job with the repairs/refresh on my car.

There are 292 right now. 24 in Canada.

No, I don't think so. The 292 is CPO + Inventory. If you filter by the CPO/INV column to just CPO, it's 24... The others are sold as new and qualify for the tax credit, though some have several thousand miles on them due to being loaners or showroom models.

Terms used on EV-CPO:
'CPO' cars are Certified, Pre-Owned cars sold as 'used' by Tesla Motors after going through Tesla's CPO inspection and refurbishment.
'Inventory' (or 'Inv') cars are new cars (never been sold or titled) that have been used as demo or loaner cars and have discounts based on mileage and age. Inventory cars listed on EV-CPO are eligible for the Federal $7,500 tax credit as well as an additional $1,200 credit towards the installation of home charging equipment.

After looking for 18 months at CPO and inventory cars, we bought our "inventory" discounted 2015 P85D in July 2015 with 2,700 miles on it. It was flawless and was actually sitting in a Tesla showroom when it became available. The inventory price was a better deal than CPO at the time because of the $7,500 federal tax credit and $2,500 CA rebate. YMMV but if I was in the market again I'd check both CPO and inventory... and be patient until your perfect Tesla comes around. However inventory P85+ cars are probably rare or non-existent... especially if you found one of the VERY few P85+ manufactured with Autopilot.

After looking for 18 months at CPO and inventory cars, we bought our "inventory" discounted 2015 P85D in July 2015 with 2,700 miles on it. It was flawless and was actually sitting in a Tesla showroom when it became available. The inventory price was a better deal than CPO at the time because of the $7,500 federal tax credit and $2,500 CA rebate. YMMV but if I was in the market again I'd check both CPO and inventory... and be patient until your perfect Tesla comes around. However inventory P85+ cars are probably rare or non-existent... especially if you found one of the VERY few P85+ manufactured with Autopilot.

There are 21 P85D cars in Inventory, most with several thousand miles on them.
No P85+ appear in Inventory, just CPO and only 8 of those.