Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is to far south for me. Do you recommend anyone in Los Angeles?
Nope, I’m from WeHo and would still drive there to get it done, and done right the first time.
It’s not like you are installing parts every other week.

When I communicated (initially emails) with places in LA I got really discouraged, all I did was ask a few simple questions. Meanwhile HG Performance gave me a blog post worthy response that showed they knew what they were doing.

I don’t know about you but if the installation was done improperly, would you be able to tell? Or will you simply think that the new equipment is just not as good as I thought it would be?

My threshold for trust is not that high but man you should see what the local places wrote back vs what this guys wrote back, feels like getting it installed by MPP themselves.

Reactions: MountainPass
  • Helpful
Reactions: Atraf
Nope, I’m from WeHo and would still drive there to get it done, and done right the first time.
It’s not like you are installing parts every other week.

When I communicated (initially emails) with places in LA I got really discouraged, all I did was ask a few simple questions. Meanwhile HG Performance gave me a blog post worthy response that showed they knew what they were doing.

I don’t know about you but if the installation was done improperly, would you be able to tell? Or will you simply think that the new equipment is just not as good as I thought it would be?

My threshold for trust is not that high but man you should see what the local places wrote back vs what this guys wrote back, feels like getting it installed by MPP themselves.

I here you. So how long did the installation take?

Jesse does it in around 2 hours or less. It depends on how many installs the shop has done on a Model 3.
They bill by the hour ... and I have yet to find a place within reasonable driving distance that bills for the job rather than the time... but hey it’s California .. they have rent to pay haha

.. did almost drive up to Salt Lake City to get it installed for less but even I have my limits

should have timed it with my last year’s trip to Jasper .. at that point it’s just a small detour :p

Jesse does it in around 2 hours or less. It depends on how many installs the shop has done on a Model 3.

Wow! Does Jesse’s 2 hours also include the time needed for the post-install alignment procedures?
I’ve heard many suspension shops kind of skimp on the time they spend on alignment. So, one might not get as “good” of an alignment as one might think/expect.

Wow! Does Jesse’s 2 hours also include the time needed for the post-install alignment procedures?
I’ve heard many suspension shops kind of skimp on the time they spend on alignment. So, one might not get as “good” of an alignment as one might think/expect.

We are old-school and align using strings, it takes about 30 minutes if we don't corner balance at the same time.

• Love
Thanks. I must admit that I need to educate myself a little (OK, perhaps a lot) more on what is considered a well aligned set of specs/numbers vs ones that are not.

Feel free to ask us for alignment advice when the time comes. We also list some settings on our page here: https://www.mountainpassperformance.com/the-future/

Just let us know how spicy you like it and we will make sure it is the right fit.

Posted this elsewhere, but realized it might have been in the wrong thread...

I installed the adjustable comfort coilovers a couple of weeks ago. I adjusted the ride height to MPP suggested settings, but had to go back in and raise the rear by about 5-6mm as it sat lower than the front when comparing hub to fender distances. Ultimately, I’d guess that the ride height is about an inch lower than stock at most, but it’s certainly nowhere near slammed. I’ll post a pic later as the one I took earlier this morning had a shadow cast on the tires so you can’t really see where the tires end and the gap begins, lol.

Ride quality at 12/10 compression/rebound is better than stock in terms of reducing that random jumpiness and jarring over bumps that I felt with the stock suspension. Cornering is more composed as well. I actually started off at 12/12 and now have it at 11/9 with increasing amounts of stiffness as I went down on the damper settings. Now I really feel like everything is just more refined and controlled. It makes me want to drive the car more and push it more, whereas before I did not have as much confidence to do so; or I wouldn’t like what I was feeling when I tried.

Awesome job, guys! And thx for your patience and help with my diy install!

Last edited:
Posted this elsewhere, but realized it might have been in the wrong thread...

I installed the adjustable comfort coilovers a couple of weeks ago. I adjusted the ride height to MPP suggested settings, but had to go back in and raise the rear by about 5-6mm as it sat lower than the front when comparing hub to fender distances. Ultimately, I’d guess that the ride height is about an inch lower than stock at most, but it’s certainly nowhere near slammed. I’ll post a pic later as the one I took earlier this morning had a shadow cast on the tires so you can’t really see where the tires end and the gap begins, lol.

Ride quality at 12/10 compression/rebound is better than stock in terms of reducing that random jumpiness and jarring over bumps that I felt with the stock suspension. Cornering is more composed as well. I actually started off at 12/12 and now have it at 11/9 with increasing amounts of stiffness as I went down on the damper settings. Now I really feel like everything is just more refined and controlled. It makes me want to drive the car more and push it more, whereas before I did not have as much confidence to do so; or I wouldn’t like what I was feeling when I tried.

Awesome job, guys! And thx for you patience and help with my diy install!

You're very welcome, and thank you for your support and kind words! It is funny how it can still feel very comfortable even when stiffened significantly since it never gets jarring or harsh.

fantastic thread! very informative

So what are the main differences between the adjustable comfort vs sports coilovers? They are the same price, so I am tempted to just go with the sport however am a little worried about the ride on city roads. would want the best for all conditions including light track use.

Reactions: Skione65
fantastic thread! very informative

So what are the main differences between the adjustable comfort vs sports coilovers? They are the same price, so I am tempted to just go with the sport however am a little worried about the ride on city roads. would want the best for all conditions including light track use.
Both have the inox stainless still which is great and so over looked compared to some of the competition. Just google how durable inox steel is. The two kits are also very close in design. The springs are the major difference (softer) for the adjustable comfort kit. The sports are the choice for the track I hear. I have the adjustable comforts. The valving is the other difference between the two. Mostly in the rears. It really depends on your preference for near perfect balance VS a little bit more stiffness with the sports, but greater rewards at the track. I am still blown away with the comforts. The best testament is simply riding my familiar roads that I travel and now thinking, did the roads all get paved in those known bad areas? Obviously they did not. The MPP adjustable comforts really make the difference. Make no mistake, there is still an underlying Sport Sedan ride and feel; meaning you are aware of bad roads. The car just stays perfectly in control now and the broken pavement feels way in the distance and is handled in a way that is very satisfactory. Stock dampers can not compare. I dropped my car about 3/4 inch lower and feel it's the perfect height. Getting better efficiency as a bonus.

Both have the inox stainless still which is great and so over looked compared to some of the competition. Just google how durable inox steel is. The two kits are also very close in design. The springs are the major difference (softer) for the adjustable comfort kit. The sports are the choice for the track I hear. I have the adjustable comforts. The valving is the other difference between the two. Mostly in the rears. It really depends on your preference for near perfect balance VS a little bit more stiffness with the sports, but greater rewards at the track. I am still blown away with the comforts. The best testament is simply riding my familiar roads that I travel and now thinking, did the roads all get paved in those known bad areas? Obviously they did not. The MPP adjustable comforts really make the difference. Make no mistake, there is still an underlying Sport Sedan ride and feel; meaning you are aware of bad roads. The car just stays perfectly in control now and the broken pavement feels way in the distance and is handled in a way that is very satisfactory. Stock dampers can not compare. I dropped my car about 3/4 inch lower and feel it's the perfect height. Getting better efficiency as a bonus.
Pics? 3/4” sounds like a good compromise and balance

Pics? 3/4” sounds like a good compromise and balance
Here are pics of the IMG_1001.jpg IMG_1002.jpg IMG_0997.jpg 3/4 inch drop

Thanks for the review and photos! It seems like the vast majority out there have the adjustable comfort. Your thoughts are really helpful in my decision making process. Also, good to see that you are on the stock aeros so for me, it would be a more apples to apples comparison. What type of wh/mi increases are you seeing with the lower stance?

Reactions: MountainPass