Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New mystery feature in #DriveFree version of Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twitter / TeslaMotors: For those curious about stats ...

Check out the image in the tweet. It shows a PERCENTAGE of charge. I haven't seen the charging progress indicated like that before. New firmware feature?

I saw that also and it's a very welcomed feature.

I always found that the miles were a weird concept especially that they don't adjust to real usage. You leave with 300 miles and arrive at your 200 miles destination with 10 miles left - especially during winter time.

Slowly, the car is getting better for usage in colder climates (ex. suspension setting in upcoming v6.0)

Very nice feature, which I have missed. I'd prefer 10x the resolution though, like "17.3%". And preferably viewable on the dash screen too.
This is a good point that you might want to send feedback on to [email protected] soon so they can improve it before the roll out.

More specifically, the meter shown to customers currently has a range of [0,300] (in Ideal) and [0,265] (in Rated) both of which give 2-3x the resolution of [0,100]%. Adding a decimal of information to the new percentage display would improve it from 2-3x to 10x (upgrade!) rather than from 2-3x to 1x (downgrade).

They can always keep the percentage a whole number and make the green bar move in smaller increments. Wouldn't matter too much though. If you are down to 1% you need to start making other plans anyway. I guess they could always add one decimal place being shown in the settings as an option.

I would think a percentage with an estimated range based on weather, speed, traffic and elevation could be done when you input your destination in the Nav. Otherwise it would just show a percentage. It will take getting used to but will likely create less headaches for Tesla about decreasing range on the pack. (hides it in a way).

I would think a percentage with an estimated range based on weather, speed, traffic and elevation could be done when you input your destination in the Nav. Otherwise it would just show a percentage. It will take getting used to but will likely create less headaches for Tesla about decreasing range on the pack. (hides it in a way).

Hmm, is a beta tester giving us a hint here? I would absolutely have a problem with them taking away rated range. I don't put my destination into the Nav all the time and I need to quickly determine if I have the range. A bit difficult if you have to back it out of a percentage. Besides, I wrote a web app that displays % SOC on the car browser so this new feature is not that useful to me.

I need to see state of charge down to the milli-Watt hour or I just can't plan properly.

Love it! ;)

How did we ever plan our trips in a gas car with a small fuel gauge that showed only roughly where 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and full was... with a fat needle, and a light that comes on at 1/8th???

Love our Cadillac... the range computer tells you how many miles left, but when down to 30 miles, it just says "Low".

Hmm, is a beta tester giving us a hint here? I would absolutely have a problem with them taking away rated range. I don't put my destination into the Nav all the time and I need to quickly determine if I have the range. A bit difficult if you have to back it out of a percentage. Besides, I wrote a web app that displays % SOC on the car browser so this new feature is not that useful to me.

Nope:). Not beta testing it. Just what I think would be nice to have. I do wish they'd being back the projected range in a more useful format.