Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New New England Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And they will. Remember, as part of the presentation, the number of Destination Chargers is expected to explode as well.

Superchargers are nice, but as long as you can get to your destination (a hotel, B+B, whatever) and let the car charge while you're skiing, eating, etc, then what's the difference? Depending on where you live in MA right now, you should easily be able to make your way into a majority of NH, ME, and VT with the existing network. And once they build-out the proposed SC locations headed towards Northern Maine, between expected DC build-out and existing SC's, it's not as dire as everyone is making it out to be.

(and some of us head south for vacations, not everyone with a Tesla is going to go to NH, ME, VT)
Because a lot of destinations will have charging, but not nearly _every_ destination will have charging, not even the majority.

I would be fine if Tesla had a future map with the holes filled in, they don't.

Because a lot of destinations will have charging, but not nearly _every_ destination will have charging, not even the majority.

I would be fine if Tesla had a future map with the holes filled in, they don't.

That map is going to be hard to come by for a while. And who knows....Model 3 reservation numbers have caught everyone off-guard. They may have to look at the SC/DC strategy again as well.

Will they be using zip code info from people who've placed orders? Will they send out surveys to those with M3 reservations to try and gauge travel habits?

There are some places that they have created more questions than answers for themselves.

Sorry New England, not looking good for Boston or ski country in NH/ME. See captures from end of 2017 map from the Model 3 event. Doesn't look like any additional locations south of Augusta, not even the previously planned ones? There are more locations on this map up in Canada that in the 2016 map on teslamotors.com. Canada however, gets a ton of them.

edit - dedham and seabrook don't appear to be on this map. Hmmm

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 2.15.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 2.15.24 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 2.14.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 2.14.29 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
There are more locations on this map up in Canada that in the 2016 map on teslamotors.com. Canada however, gets a ton of them.

Don't take much stock in any Tesla maps, especially that one. If you zoom in, half of those new Canadian sites are located under the water in the Great Lakes.

We did find out about a new Canadian site today, though. 70 miles North of St. Johnsbury, VT in Magog, QC. Don't begrudge us. New Englanders are welcome to visit. This will make for 3 Quebec Superchargers for about 1,000 Model S, which is still probably a worse ratio than in 90% of states or provinces.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kyrsten-sabina-1bb587ab

From a post on the Harrisburg PA page.
Anyone poke around Lee recently?
Her LinkedIn page mentions recent Supercharging stations at Harrisburg, PA (Union Square shopping center), Lee, MA (Big Y Supermarket), and Plattsburgh, NY (Champlain Centre mall).

I didn't see anything on the Plattsburgh or Lee Planning Board sites (Plattsburgh hasn't posted minutes since Nov '15), but a Google search of "site:lee.ma.us tesla" did turn up this gem:

http://www.lee.ma.us/sites/leema/files/uploads/planningboardmeeting20160314_0.pdf

On Monday, March 14, the Lee Planning board's meeting agenda showed "6:20-6:30 Tesla/Site Plan Submission"

I don't see any links on Lee's site pointing to these minutes yet, but it looks like something may be underway there. Latest minutes posted here are from the Feb 22 meeting.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Her LinkedIn page mentions recent Supercharging stations at Harrisburg, PA (Union Square shopping center), Lee, MA (Big Y Supermarket), and Plattsburgh, NY (Champlain Centre mall).

I didn't see anything on the Plattsburgh or Lee Planning Board sites (Plattsburgh hasn't posted minutes since Nov '15), but a Google search of "site:lee.ma.us tesla" did turn up this gem:

http://www.lee.ma.us/sites/leema/files/uploads/planningboardmeeting20160314_0.pdf

On Monday, March 14, the Lee Planning board's meeting agenda showed "6:20-6:30 Tesla/Site Plan Submission"

I don't see any links on Lee's site pointing to these minutes yet, but it looks like something may be underway there.

In Lee, I'm surprised they'd go for Big Y, and not the Outlet Mall. Either way, expansion is good.

In Lee, I'm surprised they'd go for Big Y, and not the Outlet Mall. Either way, expansion is good.
Looks to be across the street from the outlets, so walkable. Sometimes the locations aren't ideal; Tesla is somewhat subject to the whims of the landowners during negotiations.

West Springfield is wedged in behind the Stop and Shop and Panera, in an area where you'd only expect to see tractor trailers at loading docks. West Lebanon is in the corner of the Price Chopper lot, about as far south on the Route 12A shopping strip as you can get. The highest end shopping is at the other end of the strip, a mile north (Powerhouse Mall). The town dump is closer (as your nose will tell you when the wind is just right).

I don't see anything on the Linked-In page regarding superchargers.
But how cool is that? My daughter is studying architecture and currently
working with a firm that specializes in public transit systems...

I think that somebody had a word and they changed it.

Try google: supercharger harrisburg pa union square and it comes up as Google's descriptive text in a LinkedIn page.

Google: supercharger harrisburg lee plattsburgh and the text shows all three.

(This is Firefox with NoScript enabled, so no JS on Linked In's site.)

(Didn't mean to get her in trouble.)

Not really New England, but Magog, QC just got permitted. Not on the 2016 map. Gives me hope that _maybe_ Tesla is listening and we'll get a Lincoln/Woodstock/Franconia NH supercharger. You may be able to make it to Montreal going up I-93 with that.

Not really New England, but Magog, QC just got permitted. Not on the 2016 map. Gives me hope that _maybe_ Tesla is listening and we'll get a Lincoln/Woodstock/Franconia NH supercharger. You may be able to make it to Montreal going up I-93 with that.

What's nicer, is that it gives you the option to bypass Montreal completely if you're headed to/from Ontario, and go from Magog to Cornwall.

I-91 is now well covered, with a now-obvious hole around St Johnsbury (or Littleton/Franconia)

Agree that St. J would be very nice-to-have, particularly for east-west travel across the top of New England.

So here it is, more than one third of the way through 2016, and I have seen absolutely zero posts with information on permits, hearings, etc., on any new MA/VT/NH/ME S/C sites, regardless of which one or where they are. I am particularly interested in the ones that have been on the map for Maine for 2 years or more, with no (apparent) progress.

Or did I miss something? Anyone hear or see any action on those 2 sites in Maine?

Has anyone heard about a destination charger at the Mt. Washington Auto Road? There is a building and parking lot across from the entrance, the Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center, that would be perfect. It's a long drive up to Gorham and then back, would require charging, at least a quick charge.