Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tesla 70D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of our 70D last Friday. There were 2 or 3 other delivery going on at the same time. This was the Costa Mesa So Cal delivery center.

We can now confirm the new Gray is identical to the Mercedes Steel Gray, exactly the color my wife wanted.

IMG_7414s.jpg

Well, sure hoping my 70D build moves out of production today and into transit as the DS stated it would yesterday.

Totally excited about it delivering within next couple weeks. Just a little concerned when I read all the post of things that are wrong when people take delivery - e.g. headliner issues, misaligned panels, seal issues, etc. Definitely will control the excitement and try to check anything out but if find items it will surely be a bit disappointing in Tesla for delivering anything with issues like that in the first place, things that the factory and/or DS should clearly find and correct ahead of time IMHO.

We'll see, but totally stoked in anticipation still...

- - - Updated - - -

Took delivery of our 70D last Friday. There were 2 or 3 other delivery going on at the same time. This was the Costa Mesa So Cal delivery center.

We can now confirm the new Gray is identical to the Mercedes Steel Gray, exactly the color my wife wanted.

Looks totally sharp, great color! The black inserts in front versus the chrome really go with that color nicely too!

Wait a second, wait a second!!! Are those red brake calipers on your 85D? I thought that was a P85D option only!

Good eye! This is still only an option on the P85D as far as I know. This was just the model I built in the store - and wanted to memorialize my birthday with it.

Having said that, you can get aftermarket red covers at EVANNEX - which I plan to do. They are logo'ed with EVANNEX and not TESLA, but still big, bold, bright red ones. cs

That's my favorite color also. BTW, I see you are forecasting September delivery - that's around 4 months. Is that the lead time for a MS now?

Sorry - no. I should clarify that in my signature line. My son doesn't turn 16 until December (when I get my new car). I first talked the wife into a November delivery for a Thanksgiving trip. Then, I talked her into a September for our National Plug In Day (Drive Electric Week) Event.

I didn't mean to cause confusion . . . . 85 days until 9/1/15 (est delivery for me).

Good eye! This is still only an option on the P85D as far as I know. This was just the model I built in the store - and wanted to memorialize my birthday with it.

Having said that, you can get aftermarket red covers at EVANNEX - which I plan to do. They are logo'ed with EVANNEX and not TESLA, but still big, bold, bright red ones. cs

Interesting, I'll look into that, thanks.

There is a shop locally that will paint my calipers (covers?) red for $50 a caliper. I was pointed to them by someone else and his Tesla still says Tesla on them. Whether they taped that up or applied a sticker or what-have-you, I do not know.

Take a look at this for $230. Clip on covers - no drilling, gluing and completely reversible. Powder coated aluminum. I'm getting these without a doubt.

I have 3 things I want done with my car... Tints, audio upgrade and possibly red calipers.
The first is a must (kids in the back, from what I read, it'll get hot otherwise), and I already got quotes. The second is a want. The last is a would be cool.

Now to make it to the end of the week to pickup my car :D

Lol! No. I just meant it could be like Charlotte. Anyone in Charlotte ordering (and arriving) over the past few years and even until this week, is actually serviced through Raleigh. This is even though Charlotte has an open Service Center since March and an open Sales Center since May. This is because Charlotte doesn't have its finalized state license to official "sell" the car. We met a new owner in Charlotte whose order should arrive in a couple weeks. We are hoping his can actually be delivered at the Charlotte Store by then. So Tampa vs. Sarasota could be that only one can provide delivery today, but maybe by September perhaps both can.