Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tesla 70D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1. order online and confirm order do as soon as you are sure it is what you want. can do over phone. not sure it speeds much up though as far as queue.
2. REceive VIN number -- x days later? pretty much right after you confirm it seems. after this you will get the red "services sign up" button where you can prepay service or warranty but don't have to.
3. Once receive vin, go to tesla site and fill out credit application for load/lease? you can change your lease/finance/other for quite some time. you can do the lease apps anytime I think your ready. others can advise on next steps. it seems that you won't do much until after your car is in transit really. then they will want to wrap up financing, you can pay online, and you also get a delivery button with options i heard but will see...

They've graduated to driving especially on the weekends.

Before I got it I was certain I'd post about the entire experience, and I'd take videos of it supercharging.

I'd do all those things.

But, have I? Nope. Partly it's because I'm still in the process of learning how to do everything. Sure it's one thing to read it in a manual but another thing to actually use it in various situations.

Like the TACC seems to work great in practice. Certainly a lot better than the user manual makes it out to be. But, I'm having some issues related to the cancel/resume function. Sometimes I want it to resume with the old speed, and sometimes I want it to resume with a new speed. Like if I go from one hwy with one speed limit to another one with an entire different one. When I pull back to re-engage it the car goes back to the old speed. The only way so far that I can get a new speed is by turning it off and on. But, you're not supposed to have to do that. It also doesn't seem to want to resume after I've hit the brake. Like when resuming on 55mph highway with traffic lights.

My answer is probably in the thread about cars with TACC without the button.

Sadly, TACC can only be "set" to the current speed limit when in either one of those cases:
- 1) the current programmed speed is 0. I.e., the white triangle is at the bottom of the speedo.
- 2) TACC is already engaged.

You cannot go from using TACC at one speed, slow down for a road change, and resume directly to the new speed limit. You must resume to the old speed limit and reset to the new speed limit. It's one grip a couple people have shared.

After you hit the brake, you should be able to pull the cruise stalk towards you to resume the prior set speed. Is this not happening for you?

Sadly, TACC can only be "set" to the current speed limit when in either one of those cases:
- 1) the current programmed speed is 0. I.e., the white triangle is at the bottom of the speedo.
- 2) TACC is already engaged.

You cannot go from using TACC at one speed, slow down for a road change, and resume directly to the new speed limit. You must resume to the old speed limit and reset to the new speed limit. It's one grip a couple people have shared.

After you hit the brake, you should be able to pull the cruise stalk towards you to resume the prior set speed. Is this not happening for you?

Thanks for the info. I was too busy joking around in another thread to make it to the thread I came on the computer to read. Apparently I get easily distracted on the TMC forum.

As to the brake resuming I did try it, but there has always been someone behind me. So I probably just didn't give it enough time.

Heck my primary reason for getting this car is around here we don't really DRIVE anymore. We drive a tiny amount until we get to the main street where we join the train. Then when we want off the train we turn in somewhere. This car seems perfect for that.

I'm waiting for the day I get an actual Tesla Moment so I can finally post it there, but I haven't gotten anything in the first 666 miles I've driven the car. (I did take a picture to commemorate the number.)

For what I used the TACC for - outside of rush hour traffic on the highway - it worked very well. I can now actually say that I confidently drove 90 miles on the interstate (twice!) without ever touching the pedals. There was one point where I hovered over the brake, but wound up not needing it. That is probably the story that amazes my friends the most.

This weekend is my first trip where I might need an hour or two at an L2 charger to be able to make it back home without worrying. Just went out to the garage to turn on the charging to top up to 100% before I leave in a little bit over an hour...

I have a 60 mile each way drive to my parents and I am loving TACC. I still keep my foot hovered over the brake and there are times where there is fast stopping in front of me that I brake. Just want to play it safe.

I have some of the Firmware glitches people are talking about in the Firmware thread like the radio playing when I get in the car and sometimes even the climate kicking in when I had it off previously.

The one thing happening that I have yet to see someone mention is the lane assist. Mine goes off when the pavement is a different color. For example, there is some construction around here and they have replaced only part of the pavement. My car thinks thats the end of a lane and there is a one mile strip where I get to feel the lane assist kicking in the whole time. Its happened on a few different roads around me and the color is really not that drastic. I am surprised it is doing it and maybe when I am not as tired I will search to see if others are running into it.

I have a 60 mile each way drive to my parents and I am loving TACC. I still keep my foot hovered over the brake and there are times where there is fast stopping in front of me that I brake. Just want to play it safe.

I have some of the Firmware glitches people are talking about in the Firmware thread like the radio playing when I get in the car and sometimes even the climate kicking in when I had it off previously.

The one thing happening that I have yet to see someone mention is the lane assist. Mine goes off when the pavement is a different color. For example, there is some construction around here and they have replaced only part of the pavement. My car thinks thats the end of a lane and there is a one mile strip where I get to feel the lane assist kicking in the whole time. Its happened on a few different roads around me and the color is really not that drastic. I am surprised it is doing it and maybe when I am not as tired I will search to see if others are running into it.

Actually I started an entire thread because the lane assist was going off when it shouldn't have. I hadn't really experienced what the lane assist sounded like, and I kept trying to figure out what the sound was. I wasn't anywhere close to the edge of the lane so I dismissed the lane assist as being the culprit. I even thought I had turned it off.

Only I didn't and that was what was causing the noise. For some reason I don't feel it in the steering wheel. It just makes this noise as if you're going over the edge of the road. It happens on all sorts of roads here because they're poorly maintained.

I wish I could delete the thread since the answer to the thread was user error.

They give you an ETA, right on the website.
But then your DS reaches out to you in about a week, and gives you a more accurate prediction.
The exact date is decided as you get closer to your delivery. (Car delivery).

Curious, did they give you an ETA when you ordered? or just a number? I'm thinking about buying a 70D and wondering about how long it will take to get...once I push the button :confused:

Tim
I did the purchase at the store, but they practically did what could be done at home via online. One you press submit, the my.teslamotors.com start to have info on where to do financing or lease, status of build, tx.

I did the purchase at the store, but they practically did what could be done at home via online. One you press submit, the my.teslamotors.com start to have info on where to do financing or lease, status of build, tx.

Did you get any bling at the store? I got photos with my family, with the car I "built" in the screen in the background, and a killer Tesla polo shirt. That's the whole reason to go into a store!