Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-122000_Package installer.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-122000_Package installer.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 88
Any idea if this is something the service center could fix? Or is there an email address to reach out too? I know it’s a little thing that shouldn’t bother me (that the seats are the wrong color in the app), but it does.

For Model 3 and Y it can be fixed remotely, as Tesla actually developed the required assets for both the black and white seats and for both types of center console. But for all pre-Palladium Model S and X, we need for Tesla to first develop the necessary assets for all the different seat colors and trims available.

In other words, they need to take the image (asset) of the black seats they currently use on the app and now create a new asset for each color: tan, cream, gray, white and textile. That would be a great start, but that's not it. They would later have to develop the same color combinations but for all the different types of seats. Granted, not all generations of seats had all of the color combinations.

All this falls on the hands of the graphic design team at Tesla. On the other hand, the engineering team would need to upload the flags missing on all Gateway.config files for all the vehicles, in order for the firmware to "recognize" which seat version and color was fitted, and then deploy the correct asset in the Tesla app.

And it's not just the uploading of all the posible flags. They would then need to assign the correct corresponding flag to every single Tesla from 2012 to February 2021 by hand. (Although the best way to do it would be to make it a user selectable item on the settings menu in the MCU, just like we currently have with the Wheel Configurator).

As I mentioned in my previous post, as of today, there's no flags in the Gateway for pre-Palladium Model S or Model X, other than black seats with black trim for Model S and black seats with wood trim for Model X.

After upgrading to the new App,, my text is now being magnified. How do you get the app to present in normal size?

iOS?

I understand they're using adaptive font sizing (which may be new to 4.0), so if you're running with your text scaled up (under Settings >> Display), it may look really funky.

Some people also run in "zoomed" mode (when applicable to your device),again, that might cause weird display behavior in the new app.

You mean the window vent option? It moved into climate now, at least for me (Android, Model 3).
Thanks for the tip. I just double-checked and found that for our S100D and Model Y, it looks like the window vent option did move from Controls to the Climate screen.

For our S Plaid, vent is currently on both the Controls and the Climate screen. I'll have to check to see if it disappears from the Controls screen after setting up Homelink.

It feels like the equivalent move from v8 to v9. Everything is harder to read. Controls smaller. Status values smaller, less contrast, hard to read. The solar side of the app is even worse.

Anyone have a trusted site that I can get the previous apk from?

Reactions: bruce4000