Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very true. But, I’m curious, was it coincidentally the 1st thing or were you waiting for the app redesign do you could order it?
I ordered plenty of stuff from Tesla web store, but when I saw store at the app I wanted to use it to see how convenient it is. No complaints.
P.S.
If it is in your app you more likely to use store than going to the web store, probably exact intent of whoever came up with it.

I loaded the new android version (using ApkMirror) while my wife was out driving. The app would track her for a while, then the map basically froze, said it was trying to locate the car, and after a while it found it. This happened several times. I'm back to the old one, since the new version seems like a downgrade!

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi
Good question. Since it hasn't shown up for me on the Google Play Store yet, I'm not certain. Once it is finally on the Play Store, I'll probably just uninstall the current version and APKMirror Installer and install it directly from the Play Store.

You don't have to uninstall the sideloaded version. If the version on the Google Play Store is indicated as a later version it will automatically install over the side loaded application. You can uninstall the APK Mirror Installer any time because it's not required for applications to run.

Split APKs are going to be the new norm for Android. If you want an installer that doesn't have ads and is open source you can use Split APK Installer (SAI).

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
iOS?

I understand they're using adaptive font sizing (which may be new to 4.0), so if you're running with your text scaled up (under Settings >> Display), it may look really funky.

Some people also run in "zoomed" mode (when applicable to your device),again, that might cause weird display behavior in the new app.
Setting/Text Size handled it. I had it set to a larger font.

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
I ordered plenty of stuff from Tesla web store, but when I saw store at the app I wanted to use it to see how convenient it is. No complaints.
Oh, gotcha, I inferred incorrectly that it was the 1st time you ordered the stuff.

If it is in your app you more likely to use store than going to the web store, probably exact intent of whoever came up with it.
Totally agree.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Has anyone tried summon yet? Specifically on the sideloaded Android app. I sideloaded on my Pixel 5 (4.0.1-646 version) and summons doesn't work. Not rooted phone still on Android 11. No A12 beta.

Not a deal breaker as I pretty much never use it but noticed it fails to connect to the car. I'm wondering if this is because 4.0x has not really officially been released for us yet minus that leak.

Attachments

• SummonFail2.jpg
    SummonFail2.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 60
  • SummonFail1.jpg
    SummonFail1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 38
After seeing notifications that climate was left on, I learned that pressing those 4 icons are an immediate action, not to bring up a page of controls. Since the app automatically downloaded, it was my first use of the app. Thankfully the Model S was plugged in during the night. A lesson well learned.