Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Track Mode v2 and Track pack!?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New track mode is free OTA for all P cars according to the video about it....

It does remain clear if "new" P3D- cars have TM at all though.

As I mentioned in the other thread I'm calling this hardware offering the "We lied about how the previous Performance Upgrade Package was actually an upgrade, here's a real one for another $5500 and good luck finding a sucker to take those no-wider-than-18s-but-way-heavier original 20" boat anchors off your hands" package.

It's a.bit long though...needs an acronym...

As I mentioned in the other thread I'm calling this hardware offering the "We lied about how the previous Performance Upgrade Package was actually an upgrade, here's a real one for another $5500 and good luck finding a sucker to take those no-wider-than-18s-but-way-heavier original 20" boat anchors off your hands" package.

GLFASTNWT18POS

• Funny
Reactions: MarcG

Uh huh. Cause people have soooo much trouble selling their 20” wheels. Should rename yourself BoatAnchorShade the number of times you use that expression to describe the wheels.

FYI have the PUP and I still am happy to see this new package offered.

I have an upcoming cross-country drive...

Do you think "turning off" one of the motors (i.e. 100% FWD or RWD) would increase efficiency?

That's already being done automatically, unless you accelerate or brake hard.
Based on my Scan My Tesla data (app that reads directly from the CAN bus), the front motor is rarely used while just cruising around.
Which makes sense as the front motor (AC induction) is less efficient than the rear motor (permanent magnet).

BTW my 19x9.5" lightweight wheels, RE71R tires, brake pads, and high-temp brake fluid cost less than half of the new "track package" offered by Tesla.
For the $5,500 they're asking, I was able to also buy slotted/drilled rotors, stainless steel brake lines, AND sway bars to fix that nasty body roll.
Another $2,500 for coilovers, and my car is much more track worthy than it would ever be with that track package.

Separately, I can't wait for Track Mode v2! Any idea what firmware version that will be included in?

Last edited:
The hardware upgrade is not available for the stealths because the pads won't fit our rotors and calipers.

The wheels should be fine though if you want them buy the package sell the pads. The real track people will need new ones anyway after a while.

I like the wheels. Wish I could get them but to many potholes and winter's for me.

That's already being done automatically, unless you accelerate or brake hard.
Based on my Scan My Tesla data (app that reads directly from the CAN bus), the front motor is rarely used while just cruising around.
Which makes sense as the front motor (AC induction) is less efficient than the rear motor (permanent magnet).
When you say rarely, if you are cruising at a steady 80mph is the front motor being used at all?

The software part is really damn cool. The hardware... whatever. You can still build a better car with the money.

Adjustable coilovers + camber would have been the more track-worthy upgrade, but posers want dat bling blong.

those wheels are pretty nice though! No thanks on the $600 tires that are going to be shot in a couple days at the track...