Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ust the size difference alone is enough to push a lot of people to the 3 if they don't need the seating of the X.

I'm really loving my Model X. I really am.

That said, it's huge. You have to really pay attention to fit it in a parking space. Both side-to-side and front-to-back. When it's in my driveway, I can't get my trashcan past it to go to the curb. No problem with the Lexus RX Hybrid in that regard. No problem with the Highlander Hybrid in that regard. But it's hard to park in the middle of my driveway in a way that someone can get out of both sides. It's big. A foot longer and a full foot wider than the other cars.

I will soldier on, however. It's a great car so far.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Mind kinda of sorta has

Before

IMG_1536.PNG

AFTER something blank is now included.

IMG_1537.PNG

• Funny
Reactions: NikeWings
realistically many of us would like the smaller model 3 to make parking spaces / garage door / garage size (length and/or width) easier to deal with.

Just the size difference alone is enough to push a lot of people to the 3 if they don't need the seating of the X.
Totally agree. We appreciate our S as a family-sized car. But one member of our family who sometimes drives our S has been asking when the "smaller car" is coming, as they'll consider that to be an improvement.

So is free Supercharging only for buyers who used a referral link March 16 or after?

"Related order must be placed between May 19, 2017 and December 31, 2017. Owners with one or more referrals in the previous phase between March 16, 2017 and May 19, 2017 will be eligible for both updated and previous phase awards until June 15, 2017. "

Nice. My one regret about purchasing a 100D is not cleared up. So far, 2 months, 3500 miles. Supercharged... ONCE! Nope, that isn't going to change with the new deal... but... nice to have anyway.

Guessing a difference between the 3 and the S/X.

My Tesla page says it too !!! yay free supercharging on any new tesla I might buy,.

Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms.

So is free Supercharging only for buyers who used a referral link March 16 or after?

Little bit of speculation here... but piecing together 1st hand accounts and what little Tesla has posted it appears that owners and future owners that order by the end of this quarter get free supercharging for life including future purchases... they can also bestow this privilege on up to 5 more people... X and S only.

One of the important differences of the update from what I understand is the unlimited will not transfer with these new vehicles if sold to a 2nd owner.

That's not what mine says:

"
Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms."

My Tesla page says it too !!! yay free supercharging on any new tesla I might buy,.

Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or Model X you purchase. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms.
Any new S or X.