TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by JCB_Arizona, May 19, 2017.

1. azred

azred Active Member

Don't forget the latest Supercharger plan released a few weeks ago provides for local Supercharging, so if the reasoning for cutting off free use is based on local usage, that reason is gone anyway. But this sudden, unannounced change smacks of desperation. S and X sales must be tanking.

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  2. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

#42 DÆrik, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    And mine is back but numbers don't match. Perhaps I got a server that hasn't updated..

My referrals reset to zero for this quarter also. They must be working on everything.

Thanks Erik

Screenshot_20170519-205342.png

Screenshot_20170519-205459.png

• Informative x 1
  3. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

Nope. Not that I can find.

4. rpm001

rpm001 Member

I ordered beginning of May and am expecting delivery in mid June. Would this apply to me? Would be awesome if it does!

5. mmanner

mmanner Member

Ok, just checked myTesla again, and now the history section with remaining free supercharging has reappeared! However, it now shows 400kWh remaining, and I had already used some of it. Before today it showed 350kWh remaining. So, this am, 350kWh remaining; later today, history and reference to 400kWh was removed; now, it has reappeared but is now back to 400kWh. Weird!!

6. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

Well, the history is back, but -- at the moment -- still have 400 kWh left, when I was down to about 45 kWh. I think it is safe to say that the screen is not reliable at the moment. Probably know more tomorrow.

7. SoCal Jimmy

SoCal Jimmy Active Member

Patience grasshoppers....

• Like x 1
  8. animorph

animorph Active Member

My history is back and it shows all Supercharger fees have been REFUNDED!

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Nice!

10. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Active Member

The question is why now?

Why is there a need to pull a demand lever now? Especially for it to include cars that have already been purchased. As I've said before, free unlimited super charging isn't worth that much more over 400kWh/year, unless you are in the business of driving. It is a powerful emotional thing but doesn't cost Tesla much to do on the average case. So is sales below expectation? Or is this a proactive move to placate those of us who just bought the car before a major update to the S is imminent?

11. animorph

animorph Active Member

This is something bigger than just a sales gimmick if they are giving free Supercharging to cars already sold. I had paid about $155 in SC fees, so this is pretty cool. One guess is they screwed up versus state regulations about reselling electricity and had to modify their program. I never heard of Tesla giving back money to previous customers just because something new was coming.

Now if they can just make ventilated seats appear in my X...

• Like x 4
  12. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

What did you have for history? FUSC on my car and website never showed anything related to charging.

13. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

MyTesla now says:

Sounds like some sort of new referral program plus existing owners get grandfathered into unlimited supercharging. Could really use a press release!

14. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

In the time it took me to type that mytesla is now updated as above.

15. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Woohoo! Free supercharging!

Screenshot_20170519-212639.png

16. scharlesjr

scharlesjr Member

My OA told me to sit tight for more details. Sounds like an announcement is coming.

• Like x 2
  17. ScaredByCars

ScaredByCars Member

In confirmation period... and spec now says:

upload_2017-5-19_23-37-49.png

18. JHWJR

JHWJR Member

Just making things up over here, heavily weighted with hopefulness. Maybe the Model 3 is just sooooo good, that Tesla is having some difficulty differentiating from the Model S, and free Supercharging will be on the list of distinctions, encouraging folks to get the S -- or the X -- instead.

Please, please, please, please, please.

19. hitparader

hitparader Member

My spec sheet has been updated as well!!

20. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

realistically many of us would like the smaller model 3 to make parking spaces / garage door / garage size (length and/or width) easier to deal with.

Just the size difference alone is enough to push a lot of people to the 3 if they don't need the seating of the X.

• Like x 1