TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by JCB_Arizona, May 19, 2017.

1. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

I'm considering Model X. I have an overnight test drive tomorrow.

Sales office called me and said all orders tonight (by midnight) will include free unlimited supercharging for life of car. So a regular ole 100X, too.

Knowing the deposit is fully refundable, should I go ahead so I can make a decision after the test drive?

Makes me wonder what's in store after July, though.

Ughhhhh

2. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

does the test drive make a difference in your decision process?
    honestly, the free supercharging sounds better than it calculates out.
    If you get an inventory car and save 10k, you'll barely spend 1k on supercharging over the lifetime of the car

3. Yinn

Yinn Member

That seems weird, they stopped unlimited free supercharging back in a January. There's a whole thread of people complainging about not being able to get a 100D with it and trying to decide if they should keep their 90D order...

4. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

They called me because I've been showing recent interest. Said headquarters is offering this one time benefit, but order must be placed by midnight. I was told that they were just informed of this a short while ago.

5. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

#5 AudubonB, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    What the....?
    If this is verified, then:
    • All Teslas with 2016 and prior year-plates will have unlimited SpC access
    • Teslas sold prior to mid-January 2017 will have unlimited
    • Teslas sold between mid-Jan and the _____th of May will be limited to 400kWh/yr
    • Teslas sold from the ___th of May and the ___of May will have unlimited
    • (presumably) after that date they once again will be 400kWh-limited
    • until the next change
    I don't like this. At all. IF it is verified.

Or even worse, maybe it is to apply just to this one possible purchaser.
    Or maybe others who squeak and squawk.

===>ON EDIT: There is a parallel thread in the Model S subforum. These threads should be merged<===

• Like x 1
  6. MS16

MS16 Member

is
    Wow, if true, Tesla sales sounds more and more like a traditional dealer.

As for the midnight tonight stuff, check out this other thread that says its available all quarter.

Free Supercharging

If it is really is free supercharging, and if it really is all quarter long then I'd say get a different sales person. Trying to pressure you into making a big decision like this "by midnight tonight!" is just wrong.

7. JCB_Arizona

JCB_Arizona Member

I spoke to 2 separate salespeople. I mean, I find it hard to believe they'd be lying.

As for that other post mentioned, I hope they make it retroactive for everybody (this quarter)- I want everybody to benefit. That has no effect on me.

As someone mentioned above, I don't even have a supercharger closer than 45 miles away. There's one that is supposed to be built in my city by the "end of 2017." I'm not sure that it's a huge benefit. The *only* potential benefit is some small resale value. Would I go out of my way to supercharge? I have no idea.

I also need to see if the 7 seat version is a right fit for my family. I guess I'll find out this weekend!

8. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

I hope you do get the unlimited SCing. I like having it but it is not a deal breaker for me. I supercharge about twice a month. Must be some truth to the market hitting a soft spot if Tesla is doing deals

9. MS16

MS16 Member

If you would be a low supercharger user, then the regular free yearly allotment of supercharging may be good enough.

10. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

I just got a call from a Tesla sales rep, suggesting that they are rolling out a short-lived promotion for model S and model X That would include free lifetime supercharger. Posting in case there are any takers here

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  11. Yinn

Yinn Member

I agree. I have it, and used a SC all of twice in the last 6 months. As for the soft spot, I might be agree. Although, Tesla also has a habit of boosting sales right before an update of some sort.

Prior to the latest launch of the 100D, they pushed unlimited SC. Prior to the launch of AP2, they pushed special lease deals. Etc.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them gearing up to launch some sort update.

• Informative x 1
  12. mmanner

mmanner Member

Is this in connection with a new order, or can existing owners buy unlimited supercharging?

13. Robbit

Robbit Member

14. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

The context of my call was finalizing either of my model S or model X reservations, I did not ask. She did say the reservation didn't have to be previously placed .

15. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

She did mention an intriguing thing, about the free supercharging applying to all future purchases. I was already hanging up but it sounded a bit too grandiose

16. Newscutter

Newscutter Member

Yah-- I think the update they're launching is the final release of Model 3 specs.

We're in that window where, if you COULD wait, you SHOULD wait to see what the final 3 is like. I think they know that too and are trying to give interim sales a little more motivation. The fact that they likely can't deliver a Model 3 to those folks on the fence is immaterial-- that's putting pragmatism into an emotional purchase.

17. azred

azred Member

Obviously good news for new buyers but seems like it also could be an ominous sign for X and S sales this quarter.

• Like x 1
  18. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

Wow... They are really trying to sell those Model S's.

I wonder if there is some kind of issue concerning sales.

• Like x 1
  19. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Fyi, I have paid supercharging on my 100D... But within the past hour or so the paid supercharging just disappeared from my my Tesla account....... Sounds interesting!

Thanks Erik

• Informative x 2
  20. animorph

animorph Member

Strange. No paid supercharging section on My Tesla for me either.