Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could be that the promo is to help clear out some S and Xs before maybe a new battery? Like the ones the Model 3s are rumored to have...

My guess is that if the next S and Xs coming out have the new battery technology, this free unlimited supercharging will keep the older high end models still attractive and hold their value even for resale. Which to me if true would mean that the newer cars would be a pay-to-charge basically, with maybe an initial period of free charging like they were trying to role out with the 400kW of supercharging this year.

Last edited:
I have not received any official communication, but if that is true, then something is up. Maybe model s/x v2 or 2170 cells are coming out and they want to throw people who ordered just before that a bone. Unless you are driving for your job or renting out your car to someone who is, the actual value of free unlimited supercharging is limited. I am wondering what is around the corner.

But within the past hour or so the paid supercharging just disappeared from my my Tesla account.
It was under the "History" tab, but the "History" tab is gone. No tally of the Supercharger stops on my MyTesla page either. I know it doesn't cost much, and I'm very happy with it, but free would be cool. Very. Cool.

I have 2,000 miles on my 9 day old Model X 100D. Happy miles. Good miles.

Reactions: DÆrik
I can confirm any vehicle that was delivered up until today now has free supercharging enabled for life. Essentially an extension to the January 15th cutoff was made to today.

I'm trying to get more info on what the cut off is. Some rumors are midnight tonight and others are EOQ. Will know more shortly. Doesn't make sense that they'd enable this for cars delivered and not add incentives to cars sitting in inventory that they need to move.

But those with paid supercharging can go to their My Tesla and confirm their supercharging history has been removed as of about an hour ago.

I can confirm any vehicle that was delivered up until today now has free supercharging enabled for life. Essentially an extension to the January 15th cutoff was made to today.

I'm trying to get more info on what the cut off is. Some rumors are midnight tonight and others are EOQ. Will know more shortly. Doesn't make sense that they'd enable this for cars delivered and not add incentives to cars sitting in inventory that they need to move.

But those with paid supercharging can go to their My Tesla and confirm their supercharging history has been removed as of about an hour ago.

Source?

Thanks Erik

It was under the "History" tab, but the "History" tab is gone. No tally of the Supercharger stops on my MyTesla page either. I know it doesn't cost much, and I'm very happy with it, but free would be cool. Very. Cool.

I have 2,000 miles on my 9 day old Model X 100D. Happy miles. Good miles.
But does it still list remaining free credits?

I'm hoping for EOQ. I'm supposed to pick mine up next week.

IMO this is good news... I never understood what this was supposed to accomplish. It appeared to be a knee-jerk reaction to locals sitting on SCs. The timing was oddly close to the idle fees. If they want to deter locals from using SCs for daily charging then the 400kWh limit should apply to local SCs not ALL SCs.... if a SC is <100 miles from where your car sleeps then there's a cap on how much you can use it...