Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017-05-20 (1).png

Do you think you would have used SC more if it was unlimited out the gate? I have a SC that's about twenty minutes from my house and in my work territory that I think I will be charging up at quite frequently now than previously planned.
Nope. 30 miles away. Not a chance. Only charged the one time to try it. Cost more in wife and kids shopping at the mall. There is a closer one coming soon. 20 miles. Still not a chance.

The part I like is that it reduces the risk of being overcharged in the future. I'm fine with current rates, but this is a safety net.

• Funny
Reactions: JHWJR and nwdiver
Do you think you would have used SC more if it was unlimited out the gate? I have a SC that's about twenty minutes from my house and in my work territory that I think I will be charging up at quite frequently now than previously planned.

I had a 70D with unlimited supercharging and now a 100D without and suddenly with again.... Honestly my supercharging habits have not changed at all.

I don't think I'll find myself driving 20 minutes out of my way to sit 30-40 minutes at a charger for free energy, especially if it's a busy charger that could be at the expense of someone wanting to efficiently road trip. Especially when in the grand scheme of things you're saving maybe 10-20 bucks compared to charging at home.

Reactions: scaesare
I had a 70D with unlimited supercharging and now a 100D without and suddenly with again.... Honestly my supercharging habits have not changed at all.

I don't think I'll find myself driving 20 minutes out of my way to sit 30-40 minutes at a charger for free energy, especially if it's a busy charger that could be at the expense of someone wanting to efficiently road trip. Especially when in the grand scheme of things you're saving maybe 10-20 bucks compared to charging at home.

But it definitely changed buying habits. An entire thread dedicated to keeping a 90D order w/unlimited vs changing the order to a 100D. Hopefully they all switched and unlimited wasn't the deciding factor..

For anyone interested, the S thread has much more info. This is now CONFIRMED. Free Unlimted Supercharging is account based. Existing owners are grandfathered in. And will receive it on their future cars.

Referral program is also being overhauled. You can refer a friend to give them free supercharging as well. But theirs will be on a single car and not on their account.

but the question is the people you refer, will they also get the deal of any future model s or x purchase with unlimited supercharging included? also i bought my Model X brand new and it says i have unlimited supercharging now and for future s/x purchase, but my father who bought a used model s, it doesn't say any of that even though his car has unlimited supercharging already. So is it only applicable to owners who purchased new?

but the question is the people you refer, will they also get the deal of any future model s or x purchase with unlimited supercharging included? also i bought my Model X brand new and it says i have unlimited supercharging now and for future s/x purchase, but my father who bought a used model s, it doesn't say any of that even though his car has unlimited supercharging already. So is it only applicable to owners who purchased new?

The people you refer will not have account level. Only car level, and only for the duration they own the car. It's in the bottom of the referral section.

Your father will probably not get account level as it seems to make a distinction now between car level supercharging and account level. This seems to be Tesla's way of saying thank you to the early adopters.

• Informative
Reactions: Sawyer8888
I finalized my order last week. I'm going to be mad as hades if I can't get unlimited SC!!!!

Yeah I'm bummed too. Finalized in late April and delivery scheduled for June. I sure hope my order qualifies. The MyTesla page does not make me optimistic....

Edit: Actually maybe all is not lost. There is a blank space on my confirmation that wasn't there before, as others have pointed out.

Last edited:

I bought a CPO Model S, and here is what my account says:

20170519_212908.png

• Informative
Reactions: Maximilien
I don't think everything is totally clear yet (which I'm learning is common with Tesla).

I have ordered but not yet received my X, which was before this change. Yet ,y order confirmation has changed tonight - there is now a blank space where Unlimited Supercharhing would appear that says included. This blank is not there on my original confirmation. See below:

Reactions: DaddyP713