Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this email one minute ago from someone at Tesla named Troy Jones on an "[email protected]" email address. Gimmicky sales push? I guess so - wish I'd have gone 100D now instead of 75D. Oh well. In any case I'll take it and I ain't complaining!! That delightful, irrational feeling of unlimited free gas is back :)

"Great news—starting today, your Model S or Model X has free, unlimited Supercharging. You will no longer be charged for pay per use Supercharging, although idle fees will still apply.
Even better, you can also give unlimited Supercharging to five friends, along with $1,000 in credit toward a new Model S or Model X."

I got a similar e-mail, but since I already have unlimited Supercharging, it doesn't have that first paragraph and it's worded slightly differently. Here's mine:

Starting today, you can give five friends free, unlimited Supercharging, along with $1,000 in credit toward a new Model S or Model X.
Share your referral code: http://ts.la/kenneth75
The Tesla App lets you easily send your referral code to friends. The app also keeps you up to date on your referrals and current items in the loot box. Download the latest version for iOS or Android.
As a thank you, we will send you a drivable Tesla Model S for Kids with your first referral. With two referrals, you will receive early access to Solar Roof. Tesla owners with three referrals will receive a set of four 21” forged‑aluminum Arachnid wheels. Other awards include a Founders Series Powerwall 2 and a VIP invitation for two to our Tesla Semi Truck Unveil Event. Check out the full program details here.
Thank you for helping to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
Best Regards,
Troy Jones
Director, California and Hawaii

I'm just wondering if I can give this to myself if I upgrade to a newer car.

Looks like unlimited also follows us if we upgrade.

hT8uDOg.jpg

Please oh please use my referral. I travel from VA to NY and back regularly and recently traded up to a 100D and lost my unlimited supercharging. This would get it back for me... and you!

My Tesla Referral Code

@mattreidy I doubt that you would not be included in this program just because you traded up. I bought my MS100D after the free supercharging deadline and still received the email this morning.

Email content appeared to be the same as others'. The email just came from a different general manager. I wonder if this email only went out to 100D owners. Could easily be an incentive for the MS with the upcoming M3 release.

IMG_9807.PNG
IMG_9808.PNG
IMG_9809.PNG
IMG_9811.PNG

There were actually two separate emails. The first was that we would have FUSC after all (yay! This is really as it should be, for some of us. I ordered before the cutoff, then upgraded the battery w promise of FUSC, then it was taken away...).
The second is the referral email, which takes $1000 off and gives the new buyer FUSC.
But I hadn't seen the FUSC following existing owners who still purchase or upgrade. Nice!

Remember when everyone complained that they couldn't get supercharging when the 100D came out!

I guess more importantly remember those that stuck with their 90D orders to keep their free Supercharging (thinking it was the last chance)... Tesla got that delivery and now has a brand new 100D to sell to these folks now...! ;)

Got to love the quarterly games and demand levers. A constant in Tesla life that never ceases to surprise!

p.s. I think the free Supercharging as implemented in a nice gesture in itself. So kudos to Tesla for that.

There were actually two separate emails. The first was that we would have FUSC after all (yay! This is really as it should be, for some of us. I ordered before the cutoff, then upgraded the battery w promise of FUSC, then it was taken away...).

That was just to get as many of you as possible to take delivery of the 90D in Q1.

Now they need more sales for Q2 (and Q3), so its back.

With Tesla it is very easy in a way: just follow the money (aka the quarterly delivery figures). Everything comes down to that, quarter after quarter.

Very nice surprise. My MS order was confirmed May 4 and will be delivered this coming week. MyTesla now indicates "Free supercharging ... included." In general, SC will not be a big factor in the use of my car but as someone else said, it's a nice from a mental/emotional standpoint.

I don't think it'd be unreasonable if Tesla increased idling fees in association with this announcement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sawyer8888
No idea what the referral success rate is, but 5 FUSC referrals per owner, plus FUSC for virtually all current owners and their future Tesla purchases, plus FUSC for virtually all lifetime resales of current owners' Teslas, plus future non-referral program 400kWh/yr owners, plus x% of SC usage by 1000s of incoming M3 owners...........does anyone think the SC network, even if expanded as advertised, can absorb the incremental effect to current wait time, owner abuse, commercial car service usage and SC reliability (adequate charge rate, uptime/downtime, increasing vandalism)?

This equation will collapse before Y/E without a boost to the supply side like faster charging, or significantly faster charging, or wicked faster charging.

Reactions: RichardD