Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was just to get as many of you as possible to take delivery of the 90D in Q1.

Now they need more sales for Q2 (and Q3), so its back.

With Tesla it is very easy in a way: just follow the money (aka the quarterly delivery figures). Everything comes down to that, quarter after quarter.

Agree. Was also a good way to get taxis and fleet owners to 'lock in' on unlimited supercharging.

Reactions: AnxietyRanger
No amount of money can buy class.
So what is your point? Are you calling me or my view classless? If so what is classless is your statement. And if so your judgemental comment without facts. What you don't know is I'm in sales and this will be my work car. I drive 200-300 miles per day so the change to unlimited SC changes how I plan to use SC in my daily work and the convienence of charging up in the middle of the day without paying additional or going out of my way to go home to charge works for me! And if that makes me classless so be it!

Tesla is starting to feel some sales pressure. They may actually have to earn sales with something other than new innovative engineering (not that it was a bad way to earn sales).

I wonder if they are going to link the reduction in referrals with their behavior on things like HP, DC charging and performance reduction without owner's consent? Hopefully they will but I do not have a great deal of hope.

I woke up this morning to the same e-mail from Brent Baldwin. This is great news even though I now find myself using a SC much less with the increased range of the 100D. The larger 100kwh battery also allows Supercharging beginning at a higher rate approaching 400 miles of range per charging hour. Thanks Tesla!

Last edited:
Reactions: KJD
Any guesses how this will affect older model S's where used prices and CPO have still been in the 40s? I imagine it will bring them down in price now that the owners can get the unlimited SC on a new vehicle they are not so beholden to that perk on the older vehicle.

I say this selfishly because I would love for the prices to come down some.

• Funny
Reactions: sorka and AlanSqB
So what is your point? Are you calling me or my view classless? If so what is classless is your statement. And if so your judgemental comment without facts. What you don't know is I'm in sales and this will be my work car. I drive 200-300 miles per day so the change to unlimited SC changes how I plan to use SC in my daily work and the convienence of charging up in the middle of the day without paying additional or going out of my way to go home to charge works for me! And if that makes me classless so be it!
This is fair. Definitely doesn't come off as the guy topping his charge off for half an hour after work everyday or waiting in line for 45 minutes for a free hotdog.

LOL.. Sales must be down so give the Free Supercharging back after rushing owners to buy by the end of the last Quarter to get Free Supercharging. More of the same old Tesla sales strategies.
I think you're crediting Tesla with too much marketing subtlety, when it could be just clumsiness.
Just changing the message 4 times a year doesn't mean it's all about sales quarters, could just be a sign of a company feeling their way through an uncertain period of growth.

Any guesses how this will affect older model S's where used prices and CPO have still been in the 40s? I imagine it will bring them down in price now that the owners can get the unlimited SC on a new vehicle they are not so beholden to that perk on the older vehicle.

I say this selfishly because I would love for the prices to come down some.
It's interesting because we all know, mathematically, that FUSC is actually not that big of a benefit in relation to the cost of the vehicle or the cost difference between a CPO and new car. However, the psychological difference is there now. It immediately influenced my thinking on my planned purchase as soon as I read about it last night. I now "feel the pressure" to move faster on my purchase. Bravo Tesla for your Jedi game. My weak mind is apparently very easily affected.

Well, I put a deposit down before midnight.

I'd still get supercharging if I ordered a month from now--from a referral. But the supercharging ends with me.

If I put a deposit down yesterday, supercharging lives with the life of the car.

I'll see how the test drive goes today. I'm looking for storage for 7 humans! Ha. And charging/range

That the purpose of superchargers isn't to save you money on your electric bill.

But again that's making judgments of someone's intent without facts. I never said in either of my posts it was to save money on my electrical bill and using the SC won't save me money on my bill since I'm enrolled in an EV Flat Monthly Rate with my utility so I can charge at home to my heart's content and it will cost me the same every month. Regardless the recent change in adding back unlimited SC is welcomed as it offers convenienence and time saving to someone in my situation to charge when I need to without additional fees or thoughts of how to manage the included 400 kWh.

As @Mickie pointed out I'm not that guy that's going to hit the SC everyday before I go home I have better things to do with my time.

And honestly any time a Tesla is parked at a SC charging station getting juiced they're within their rights to use it since they paid for it. The ICE cars parked in EV charging spots are truly the inconsiderate and No Class people. Just my $.02!

Reactions: AlanSqB