Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New unlimited lifetime supercharger promotion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing Tesla is giving us all free lifetime supercharging for current and any future model x/s we buy and people are still complaining... Can't please everyone i guess...

I think that is a great gesture in itself. I doubt anyone disagrees.

I would imagine people are commenting on the sales push itself (taketh away for demand lever, giveth back for demand lever...) - and how that played out in two consecutive quarters - with a little more diverse views. ;)

Reactions: croman
A couple small points on the messaging here.

Free unlimited Supercharging will only apply to the original vehicle owner and only for the duration of original vehicle ownership.

As written, FUSC from this promotion cannot be resold with the car.

You have free, unlimited Supercharging, including your current Tesla and any new Model S or X you purchase... In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging.

It's ambiguous whether the first sentence is intended broadly or with respect to the promotion. E.g. if you are a Model S owner today with FUSC, it's not clear whether you can upgrade your car in 2020 and get FUSC with it.

Interesting - they changed something last night. When I first noticed this, the message on My Tesla said it _would_ transfer to new owners when I sold the car. Now, it says it won't transfer. Here's a pic of how it looked last night:

IMG_0091.jpg

And now, it looks like the others posted here, saying it won't transfer.

In any case, I love this! I've been planning on a long road trip this summer, so this will pay for burritos along the way! :)

The difference between this and previous cars with free supercharging is that those cars came with supercharging for life of the car, while you get free supercharging for life of...you.
Not quite. Yes, before January 15, 2017 a new S/X came with free unlimited Supercharging for the life of the car (not tied to the owner) but from now until the end of 2017 a new S/X comes with free unlimited Supercharger for as long as the original owner has the car.

It is possible, though unlikely, that the amount of time you own the car could match the duration of your life since purchase. ;)

Am I the ONLY one that thinks this is an awful idea without a backup plan to prevent local abuse by those trying to save a buck???????
Be careful or the self-appointed "Supercharger Police Department" SCPD will jump into this thread and start issuing citations for using a SuperCharger within 100 miles of one's home.

The other thread on this subject devolved quickly because of this.

I had paid about $155 in SC fees

Thank you for this info. i was wondering if anyone had actually been charged SC fees above and beyond the free 400 kW yearly allotment. I was ready to assume no one had.

Congrats to all the recent (and upcoming) buyers who have now fee SuperCharging. While I do think SC fees are necessary to combat SC congestion, it is a nice perk to Model S and Model X owners and will help differentiate these vehicles from the Model 3.