Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Update 2017.28 c528869

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got it. OTA.

I also feel lane change is improved (less aggressive) and I felt freeway curves were smoother.

Interestingly, I felt it braked (gently) in advance of the 3 car length limit I set when a car further up the road braked to slow down. Could it be using the front camera along with the radar now?

This is one drive and a short one at that but I'll check when I head out later tonight. Huge salt required on my guess above.

• Informative
Reactions: Turing
Just got it. OTA.

I also feel lane change is improved (less aggressive) and I felt freeway curves were smoother.

Interestingly, I felt it braked (gently) in advance of the 3 car length limit I set when a car further up the road braked to slow down. Could it be using the front camera along with the radar now?

This is one drive and a short one at that but I'll check when I head out later tonight. Huge salt required on my guess above.

I've driven quite a bit more. Two things:

1) I can't think of a single reason this new lane change model won't be universally praised. It's just how a driver would do it and, I'll say it, smooth as silk. Very impressive.

2) I take back my comment on brake lights being considered. I did some night driving and I think they aren't considered in braking or maintaining distance.

Received OTA AP2 X100D and I have to agree, lane changing is SMOOTH and enjoyable to use
Ty AP team!!

I haven't spent too much HWY driving yet but the little I have it appears to also accelerate and decelerate smoother and more consistent

HWY AP seems to be reaching fine tuning stage
CITY AP still needs much work

Can't wait until AP2 includes reading speed limit signs

Reactions: cdub
Updated this morning, my release note a little different. Concur with smoother lane changes. Probably not new but attachment show dotted blue lines both for the line you cross (and then the far right line of target lane at finish, not shown).

Very early observation, but twice today, while AP driving in the slow lane (HWY 680), the car wanted to exit an off-ramp. I took over no problem, but watch for it.

old |v8.1(17.26.76)| AP2 |
new |v8.1(17.28 c528869)| AP2 |
IMG_3497.JPG IMG_3501.JPG

City Driving observation / AP2 / 17.28.c528869
GOOD NEWS - Noticeable improvement with accelerating / decelerating while following traffic, not as harsh as before, pretty fluid
GOOD NEWS - Seemed less ping-pong side by side especially with intersections, nice improvement here
BAD NEWS - Approaching a stopped or very slow vehicle from a distance is SCARY.......3 times I tried to get brave and had to take over braking myself.......not brave enough to test to see if it will slam on brakes at last minute or if this is completely broken in this latest update......be conscious

Lane change is MUCH smoother.

The rest of it is nauseating: Inconsistent speed with adjustments and weaving in the lane.

Worst of all: it is constantly drifting to/driving on the edge of the lanes.

View attachment 236431 View attachment 236432 View attachment 236433 View attachment 236434 View attachment 236437 View attachment 236438

PS: I stink at uploading pictures, so I apologize if I messed it up.

EAP had tremendous difficulty on Lakeshore Drive on my way back. I've been driving this route at the same time every day, and the new version was driving wild. It lost lanes more than usual. At one point my X dove out of the lane, but luckily I don't trust it or else we would've hit another car. I grabbed the wheel and got us back in our lane. At that point I got the "Dad, turn it off" from my teen.

I emailed those photos to [email protected] -- hope that's the right email.
My experience was not good.

About ten miles of local roads in moderate traffic today was much smoother with 28 c528869. Approached stop lights and stopped at a safe distance from cars, and started up slowly with about a three-car distance before acceleration. More like a cautious human! At one point I had to disengage and take over when I felt uncomfortable with the close proximity to an unmarked curb on the left, but that was my only negative experience. Much smoother and less jerky over all.

Reactions: EinSV
.......not brave enough to test to see if it will slam on brakes at last minute or if this is completely broken in this latest update......be conscious

I got the update this morning, and yes, it wants to rear end the car in front, it starts to brake further out, then seems to accelerate toward the stopped car in front, I did let it go to the last minute and it did slam the brakes on hard and actually disengaged the autosteer and the proximity warnings on dash made it to yellow, but it did stop and I was hovering ready to slam them on myself, oddly the car never turned "red" in front of me as collision about to occur.

On a drive I do a lot right now. Lane change is sooo much improved!

TACC is a nightmare, jerky as hell now. What a terrible step backwards.

Autosteer to me feels much more ping pongy also. I just turned it off as I am getting nauseous.

Edited to add: My '16 F-150 had better adaptive cruise than this update. Amateur hour at Tesla right now...

AP1 here. Got a notice of an available update yesterday. Because of this thread, I was expecting 2017.28 but I got 17.26.17.
Why is that -- is 2017.28 AP2 only?
Is there a way to tell in advance what version will be downloaded so one can read the 'reviews' and decide whether to accept or skip?
Thanks.

Why is that -- is 2017.28 AP2 only?
Is there a way to tell in advance what version will be downloaded so one can read the 'reviews' and decide whether to accept or skip?

Of the 146 updates to this version that have been logged on ev-fw 133 are AP2. So it isn't exclusively AP2, but it is predominantly AP2.

No. (Though if you rooted your car you probably could find out what version has been staged.)