Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New update on Teslafi: 2019.32.12.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes but i would hope it to be smart enough to detect an open or closed door via the cameras or sensors.
The "smart enough" you're talking about is actually a LOT of man hours to a code for something that will hardly be used by the majority of users. It's not as simple as you might think. A simple toggle interface that works nearly 100% of the time & allows me to select which programmed door or triggers would be a game changer for most all interested in this feature.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Found this for the model 3. Never seen these suggestions for perpendicular parking, sometimes for parallel parking.
I am on version 12.2 HW3 in Europe.
Since 12.2 FSD installed so no compare to older versions. lets hope there will be an improvement in newer versions. As long its a software problem and not a hardware issue on my model 3 i am fine

I would be happy if after each bug fix update, like 2019.32.12.2 and .3, the AP2 performance wouldn't degrade. My 2017 S90D has wandering steering all the time now, disconnects randomly where it worked smoothly in V9, and I get "Lane Departure Assist Reduced", Auto Pilot Disconnected -Take Control Immediately" and other warnings on a constant, random basis every day. Add to that the Slacker radio starting songs in the middle, or just skipping from one song to the next halfway through, and it seems like the only benefit I got with V10 and 2019.32.12.3 is improved lane rendering on the screen - when it hasn't been "reduced", and the knowledge that MCU2 folks have better games....

I'm wondering when a stability release will happen. I'm sure there's others out there dealing with bugs (I accept it as a point as I did turn on early access). This release only seemed to make some of the bugs worse: non-functional rear camera/AutoPilot/Smart Summon, odd things going on with the heating/ac, changes to the selections of the scroll wheels reverting amongst others.

This is good news, thank you. I've never been able to make it work. I think I'm supposed to just drive by an empty spot and a P appears on the screen? Is that how it works? Do you touch the P or put it in reverse or how does it work? 5/16 MS 90D
I know it is in the video but it is worth repeating some of the caveats - there must be cars in order for it to work (empty lot / empty street is a no go), sometimes it will not work if there is only one car (seems to happen more when the space is at the start or end of a street), it will not work if parking is at an angle other than 90 degrees (at least I have never had success), and it is pretty slow (which I am sure is due to liability concerns). Consequently, I continue to park it myself, especially since many of the places I go to have angled pull-in lines here in mid-Michigan...

I would be happy if after each bug fix update, like 2019.32.12.2 and .3, the AP2 performance wouldn't degrade. My 2017 S90D has wandering steering all the time now, disconnects randomly where it worked smoothly in V9, and I get "Lane Departure Assist Reduced", Auto Pilot Disconnected -Take Control Immediately" and other warnings on a constant, random basis every day. Add to that the Slacker radio starting songs in the middle, or just skipping from one song to the next halfway through, and it seems like the only benefit I got with V10 and 2019.32.12.3 is improved lane rendering on the screen - when it hasn't been "reduced", and the knowledge that MCU2 folks have better games....

Don't forget no 'dancing' cars! I have not seen any of the symptoms you mentioned but I just got it a few days ago after being away on vacation for 2 weeks so I will pay attention and see if that is the case. I did a 60 mile trip so far and did not have any issues other than it being very cautious in curves (slows down 5-7 mph even though there is no speed reduction posted) and still brakes hard for cars that cross WAY in front of you...

• Informative
I'm wondering when a stability release will happen. I'm sure there's others out there dealing with bugs (I accept it as a point as I did turn on early access). This release only seemed to make some of the bugs worse: non-functional rear camera/AutoPilot/Smart Summon, odd things going on with the heating/ac, changes to the selections of the scroll wheels reverting amongst others.

Not to be argumentative, but I have seen none of these issues on 12.3. In fact, nothing but improvements in overall in all these areas, except for the scroll wheels, as I have not tested or noticed anything different there.
The only very minor thing I have noticed is a few personalizations seem to get reset, but even there I am not sure that I didn't do it myself. For example, horn sound on locking is now off but it was turned on.

Not to be argumentative, but I have seen none of these issues on 12.3. In fact, nothing but improvements in overall in all these areas, except for the scroll wheels, as I have not tested or noticed anything different there.
The only very minor thing I have noticed is a few personalizations seem to get reset, but even there I am not sure that I didn't do it myself. For example, horn sound on locking is now off but it was turned on.

There's a simple explanation: is your vehicle the same? Are you on MCU1/AP2.0 in a 2017 Model S for instance? There's a number of components that have literally changed year by year as well as may be different model to model and depends on how it's optioned. My rear camera isn't consistently working, more black screen than on. This is also affecting AutoPilot that crashes unexpectedly when engaged, and makes Smart Summon non-functional. Tesla has responded that they are working on the issues.

If you're not affected, that's great. I acknowledge the assumed risk of being an early software adopter. The only thing I wish for is that there needs to be a better and clearer way to inform Tesla of these kinds of errors.

On a short, but different question - I've always done the double scroll wheel reboot after each firmware download/install.
This time (for 2012.32.12.3) I noticed right after the install my phone app indicated it said the Tesla was doing a reboot (to be honest, I've never watched it close enough to see if the app indicated a reboot was done each time). So, do I still need to do the manual double scroll wheel hold down reboot after an install?
Thanks (9/2017 Model S 100D).
You never needed to. The upgrade process includes a reboot by default.

On a short, but different question - I've always done the double scroll wheel reboot after each firmware download/install.
This time (for 2012.32.12.3) I noticed right after the install my phone app indicated it said the Tesla was doing a reboot (to be honest, I've never watched it close enough to see if the app indicated a reboot was done each time). So, do I still need to do the manual double scroll wheel hold down reboot after an install?
Thanks (9/2017 Model S 100D).
You never needed to in the first place. It always rebooted after installing new firmware, but people thought it might help further, but really wouldn't.

I have seen these, also. My scroll wheels are useless...I can't make any sense out of them anymore. They worked perfectly since I got the car six months ago. And a few days ago I wrote to Tesla saying that my heater was blowing cold and it was cold outside. They said to make an appointment with the SC. And of course, as already stated, my homelink is hit-or-miss. The next update can't come out soon enough for me. 5/16 MS 90D

Wasn’t this update supposed to include the one pedal driving? I’ve been driving on it for 3 days now and my regen braking still won’t bring me to a stop. Or did I read an untrue rumor somewhere?

I think that’s one of several new things promised for 2019.32.12.4, which has only been given to a tiny number of cars so far (26 of TeslaFI’s ~8500 cars.)

Not sure exactly how that’s going to work. Honestly, the charge for departure time promised for 32.12.4 is more important to me as winter closes in.