Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So MYLR is probably from Austin which may have different inclusions that MYPs' from Fremont but interested to know if it comes with Cargo Cover, matrix lights as well.
Yup - My schedueld car is an Austin build. Will also update if it comes with door trims, matrix headlights, cargo cover, etc.

Last edited:
Got my Model Y today from Smithtown and was very happy with the experience. Shane helped me out and he was super helpful and patient.

Austin built Model Y came with wood trims, cargo cover, regular head lights (no matrix), carpeted pockets and ultrasonic sensors! No mudflaps unfortunately but I'll add them myself.

Car is in great shape. Panel gaps all seem great with the exception of one part near the rear which I didn't even notice till I got home. Probably only a couple MM larger than the other side. No dents, scratches, paint issues or anything. No rattling or noticeable issues when driving ~50 miles back home. Fingers crossed it keeps working well.

Good luck all on your future deliveries!

Placed my order for my Model Y LR (white on white with a tow hitch) on July 11th. Had previously been stuck on Dec. 9 - Jan 20 delivery estimate for a while after initially having a Jan - March EDD but it just got updated this afternoon to December.

Will be on a road trip starting 12/17, so hoping it gets delivered before then as I assume I'll get knocked to the back of the queue if it arrives while I'm away and I can't take delivery.

2022 MYP Midnight Silver - Black interior, FSD, No tow hitch

OOD 8/29 EDD Sept. - Oct. 2022
9/16 - Oct 3 - Oct 17th
9/20 - Oct 4th - Oct 18th
9/29 - VIN issued - Oct 11th - Oct 20th
10/3 - Car in Transit
10/5 - Schedule Pickup - Delivery Notice 10 14th at 10am
10/14 - Pick up in Paramus on time!!!
USS - YES!
All Season tires - Yes!
No Cargo Cover
Matrix headlights
New Door trim
Carpeted pocket trim
Double pane front not rear
No mag arm rest
Not a gap to be found
Car was in amazing shape
Place was packed. Zero support from staff other than a smile and some papers to sign.
The online process went as planned with no hiccups at all. Just wish you could speak to somebody more easily along the way.
Now the fun begins!!!!

Picked my my MSM / MYP / White / Tow on Thursday 10/13 from Tesla of Devon. I live only 4 miles from NJ line, and will go to Lawrenceville Service center for all service work, but its easier though to pick up in PA with registration, getting plates etc.. Car is nearly flawless. F563XXX built 9/22. The paint is significantly better than my 2018 M3P. It didn't feel nearly as thin as my 2018, and there was no white base rust proofing showing through like on my 2018 M3P near the door hinges. The Panel gaps looked great and really couldn't find anything wrong other than the 1 minor adjustment I made on the rear hatch. It took less than 5 minutes.

Only 2 issues I have are:
There is a small paint flaw where the bumper meets the hood. The delivery guy filled out a due bill, and said they'd fix it, but I'm on the fence about it. Attached some pics to get some feedback.

When I turn too tightly into a parking spot, I hear a grown from the front of the car. Its almost like that noise you get when you're in 4WD on some older SUVS like something is rubbing. I can't find anything, and it seems to be subsiding. I'll keep an eye on it.

Car had:
The carpeted side door pockets
Manual rear door release in door pockets under the rubber thing
Pirelli P-Zero PZ4 Tires (was hoping for all seasons)
Newer wrap around front door Panels
Matrix
Ultra Sonic Sensors

Car did not have:
2nd row dual pane windows (I thought all MYPs had this, but I guess I'm wrong)?
Parcel / Cargo Shelf
Carpeting along where the rear seatbelt sits
Splash guards or PPF on rear door

IMG_6050.JPEG
IMG_6079.JPEG
IMG_6080.JPEG

I was seriously concerned about the MYP ride quality after reading post after post about it being too harsh. My wife has a 2022 Explorer ST, with the optional 21's, and I think the Y rides nicer. Its certainly more comfortable than my 2018 Model 3P, and I think Tesla struck good balance between being a Sport SUV, but having a compliant ride. The white seats seem much softer than another Y I sat in with black interior. I like it the white better.

Here's a pic from pickup. I'll post some more pics once I get PPF on lower doors, and have it detailed and ceramic coated. I am looking for a set of Gemini wheels that I plan on having powder coated, so if you know anyone selling in NJ, DE, SouthEast PA, DM me.

Reactions: CDrury
Picked my my MSM / MYP / White / Tow on Thursday 10/13 from Tesla of Devon. I live only 4 miles from NJ line, and will go to Lawrenceville Service center for all service work, but its easier though to pick up in PA with registration, getting plates etc.. Car is nearly flawless. F563XXX built 9/22. The paint is significantly better than my 2018 M3P. It didn't feel nearly as thin as my 2018, and there was no white base rust proofing showing through like on my 2018 M3P near the door hinges. The Panel gaps looked great and really couldn't find anything wrong other than the 1 minor adjustment I made on the rear hatch. It took less than 5 minutes.

Only 2 issues I have are:
There is a small paint flaw where the bumper meets the hood. The delivery guy filled out a due bill, and said they'd fix it, but I'm on the fence about it. Attached some pics to get some feedback.

When I turn too tightly into a parking spot, I hear a grown from the front of the car. Its almost like that noise you get when you're in 4WD on some older SUVS like something is rubbing. I can't find anything, and it seems to be subsiding. I'll keep an eye on it.

Car had:
The carpeted side door pockets
Manual rear door release in door pockets under the rubber thing
Pirelli P-Zero PZ4 Tires (was hoping for all seasons)
Newer wrap around front door Panels
Matrix
Ultra Sonic Sensors

Car did not have:
2nd row dual pane windows (I thought all MYPs had this, but I guess I'm wrong)?
Parcel / Cargo Shelf
Carpeting along where the rear seatbelt sits
Splash guards or PPF on rear door

View attachment 864677View attachment 864678View attachment 864679

I was seriously concerned about the MYP ride quality after reading post after post about it being too harsh. My wife has a 2022 Explorer ST, with the optional 21's, and I think the Y rides nicer. Its certainly more comfortable than my 2018 Model 3P, and I think Tesla struck good balance between being a Sport SUV, but having a compliant ride. The white seats seem much softer than another Y I sat in with black interior. I like it the white better.

Here's a pic from pickup. I'll post some more pics once I get PPF on lower doors, and have it detailed and ceramic coated. I am looking for a set of Gemini wheels that I plan on having powder coated, so if you know anyone selling in NJ, DE, SouthEast PA, DM me.
Congrats! Where are you getting the PPF done? Mind sharing what the estimates are you received?