Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charge Up New Jersey is near running out of POS rebate money......................

Charge Up New Jersey is near running out of POS rebate money......................

Piece of Sh*t rebate money?
If I read the site correctly, we should all be OK as we've already ordered our vehicles. And the Charge Up plan shafts those buying a home Tesla charger, so that doesn't matter.

Reactions: Diamond_Dogs23
If I read the site correctly, we should all be OK as we've already ordered our vehicles. And the Charge Up plan shafts those buying a home Tesla charger, so that doesn't matter.
If you sign in to the site after you've submitted the forms that Tesla sends you, you can see the submission date and status. My application was filed by Tesla on 3/2, and the status remains as pending, which means I'm OK. I'm expecting my registration and plates refund sometime this week (they estimated high for me).

That is the way I read it as well. Of course after a few choice words. Lol

Get your charger rebate applications submitted if you can.

Last edited:
If you sign in to the site after you've submitted the forms that Tesla sends you, you can see the submission date and status. My application was filed by Tesla on 3/2, and the status remains as pending, which means I'm OK. I'm expecting my registration and plates refund sometime this week (they estimated high for me).
Do you receive the form after getting a VIN? I ordered on 2/3 and have not receive any form for NJ Charge Up.

Do you receive the form after getting a VIN? I ordered on 2/3 and have not receive any form for NJ Charge Up.
I got mine by e-mail about a week after delivery (delivery was 2/24). You fill yours out and return it to Tesla, and then you can check the NJ site to make sure it has been submitted. The credit was applied at time of order and shows on your invoice. The thing is, if they run out of $$ and can't pay Tesla, you get a bill for the credit form Tesla.

I sent mine back to Tesla as soon as I got it, NJ showed it as submitted on 3/2, and I just checked the NJ site and it was approved yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoElectric
The Chargeup NJ website has the below lines. It sounds to me like orders already placed and waiting have funds allocated.
Anyone interpreting this differently or has anymore details?

Issued & Reserved total includes:
  • Funding reserved for ordered vehicles yet to be delivered from both Fiscal Years 2022 and 2023,