Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is NOTHING on NJ.gov that limits filing paperwork to April orders...:

A letter issued by the NJBPU Secretary’s Office provides details on this action, giving applicants sufficient time to accept delivery of their vehicle and complete the purchase and lease paperwork for vehicles ordered within the eligibility window (July 25, 2022 through 9:00 p.m. ET on April 17, 2023) while still accommodating any delays due to supply chain disruptions. Dealerships and showrooms will be required to enter all eligible orders as described in the updated Terms and Conditions. The program administrator will accept and review all applications with an eligible vehicle order, purchase, or lease date within the eligibility window.

I saw this posted in a FB group. It is from an email from nj charge up. Basically confirms what we have been saying. Tesla didn’t reserve the funds for our older orders.

“For eligible cars that are ordered, eligible dealerships must follow the program's reservation process in order to reserve funds for a vehicle that has been ordered but not yet delivered. The dealership will have 14 days from the order date to submit an application in order to reserve funding for the ordered vehicle. Once the vehicle is delivered, the dealership is responsible for applying the incentive at the point-of-sale and then submitting the final documentation for the application.

If your dealership submitted an application on your behalf within 14 days of your vehicle being ordered, then funding would be reserved for that vehicle. If the dealership did not submit an application within 14 days of your vehicle being ordered, then funds would not be reserved.

We recommend reaching out to your dealer with any questions pertaining to application status or submission. As the Charge Up New Jersey program is a dealership point of sale initiative, we are not authorized to speak on application information with customers.

Sincerely,

Charge Up New Jersey Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®“

I saw this posted in a FB group. It is from an email from nj charge up. Basically confirms what we have been saying. Tesla didn’t reserve the funds for our older orders.

“For eligible cars that are ordered, eligible dealerships must follow the program's reservation process in order to reserve funds for a vehicle that has been ordered but not yet delivered. The dealership will have 14 days from the order date to submit an application in order to reserve funding for the ordered vehicle. Once the vehicle is delivered, the dealership is responsible for applying the incentive at the point-of-sale and then submitting the final documentation for the application.

If your dealership submitted an application on your behalf within 14 days of your vehicle being ordered, then funding would be reserved for that vehicle. If the dealership did not submit an application within 14 days of your vehicle being ordered, then funds would not be reserved.

We recommend reaching out to your dealer with any questions pertaining to application status or submission. As the Charge Up New Jersey program is a dealership point of sale initiative, we are not authorized to speak on application information with customers.

Sincerely,

Charge Up New Jersey Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®“
Considering not accepting the car in the next week when notified if charge up incentive not applied. Can always lose the 250 deposit and order again for delivery in July when restarts.. and price is headed in one direction right now.

Considering not accepting the car in the next week when notified if charge up incentive not applied. Can always lose the 250 deposit and order again for delivery in July when restarts.. and price is headed in one direction right now.
I’m in the same situation and considered doing the same until the recent price cut. At the end of the day, there are so many variables that could make this better or worse if the prices don’t change again. I locked a decent interest rate, and who knows what the state will do regarding the rebate for FY24 in terms of amounts and qualification. Investors aren’t happy with the price cuts and the S/X prices have already started going up, so nothing is guaranteed.

I’m in the same situation and considered doing the same until the recent price cut. At the end of the day, there are so many variables that could make this better or worse if the prices don’t change again. I locked a decent interest rate, and who knows what the state will do regarding the rebate for FY24 in terms of amounts and qualification. Investors aren’t happy with the price cuts and the S/X prices have already started going up, so nothing is guaranteed.
I also thought about this. I have decided to move forward with getting it now. Agree on many variables to try and "game" the system. The prices have gone up and down over the 3 months I have had my order in. Who knows what will happen with interest rates in summer and my luck all would work against me. Not to mention my car that we will be selling is at a very good price.

Damn! Does it mean that by picking up my car on Apr 18 I lost both $2000 rebate and $3000 price adjustment? It really hurts!
You may need to check with the Tesla rep. It is possible that Tesla reserved funds for all cars before Apr 17th. If so, you may get a $2K check back.

Those is NJ who have a delivery date. How many days in advance you got the owner Portion NJ charge up rebate paperwork? My delivery date is past 5/1 but the 2k rebate showing up. So wonderful will I get the paperwork in time to submit before the 5/1 deadline. Thanks for help in advance!

Those is NJ who have a delivery date. How many days in advance you got the owner Portion NJ charge up rebate paperwork? My delivery date is past 5/1 but the 2k rebate showing up. So wonderful will I get the paperwork in time to submit before the 5/1 deadline. Thanks for help in advance!
I got mine within a week after delivery and returned it ASAP. that is the owner part of the equation, I don't know the procedures for the seller's part.

Reactions: erktrek
I got mine within a week after delivery and returned it ASAP. that is the owner part of the equation, I don't know the procedures for the seller's part.
Thanks, so that's after the delivery and not before, that sort of worries me more as now the 1May deadline is for what exactly, just the seller portion or even the owner portion..this is so opaque process man, now I think this whole POS thing is BS, we were better off with buyer submitting paperwork, as we would be much more diligent as seller doesn't lose anything but buyer is at mercy of seller ☹️

Thanks, so that's after the delivery and not before, that sort of worries me more as now the 1May deadline is for what exactly, just the seller portion or even the owner portion..this is so opaque process man, now I think this whole POS thing is BS, we were better off with buyer submitting paperwork, as we would be much more diligent as seller doesn't lose anything but buyer is at mercy of seller ☹️
Well, they may change it now to have you sign the owner certification at delivery. I expected to do so and was surprised that I had to sign nothing besides dropping the check.

When you work for the G, opaque is the norm. Same with big business. I am not surprised that the SA's are kept in the dark.

Well, they may change it now to have you sign the owner certification at delivery. I expected to do so and was surprised that I had to sign nothing besides dropping the check.

When you work for the G, opaque is the norm. Same with big business. I am not surprised that the SA's are kept in the dark.
Yes I know, just feels helpless to be in dark ☹️, I hope someone posts their experience who took delivery recently to highlight how it worked for them

I ordered a Blue / Black Model Y on Feb 3rd (still no Vin) and the NJ Rebate was removed from my order and has not returned as it has for some. Looking at the wording, it is the dealer that is responsible to allocate for orders placed before the cutoff date. Seems like some that don't get the rebate may have a case for a class action lawsuit. Just Saying!!!!