Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New York/New Jersey Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked it up today at the Paramus location.

They tried to tell me that I can inspect the outside of the car no problem, but I was not allowed to inspect the inside without giving them the check and accepting delivery. I told them that wasn't happening and threatened to walk away. I was then told I could, but he would just unlock the car and take the keys with him and walk away while I did it. Crazy.

Anyway, car was perfect. No panel gap issues at all. The front passenger seat had a little dirt from someone sitting in it. No big deal. Accepted delivery and that was that.

Here she is. I think I'm going to call her Oreo. Since she's black and white.

View attachment 921880
I picked mine up yesterday at Paramus. Same thing, they won’t unlock the car until I accept it. I didn’t make a big deal out of it after I inspected the exterior. No panel gap issues. But I did find three minor issues. Loose spoiler, scratches on the rear bumper plastic cover and a really sharp corner edge on the rear door. One of the SA walked me through setting up a service appointment. Also, there are a lot of dust all over the car. Especially inside the handle well and inside the trim edges. Probably from the train ride across the country. Overall I’m satisfy with the transaction.

How long does it take to get the Charge Up NJ $2000 credit approved?

They received the forms from Tesla on 3/2, and the site shows it in pending status since then.
I took delivery on 2/11 and my application still shows Pending. The start date shows as 1/30, so not sure how long it will take. My charger rebate is also showing Pending since 1/28. They don't seem to be in much of a hurry pay up :). At least my utility rebate came through after about 1 month.

MYP and MYLR available in NJ if anyone want them.
1680190348180.png