Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there is nothing preventing tesla from rolling refresh P90DLs back to 1500 amps in a software update. They never said we would get more than 532 shaft horsepower. That would make the P100DL more appealing over buying a P90D and paying $10,000 after delivery to upgrade it to ludicrous.

I guess there is nothing preventing tesla from rolling refresh P90DLs back to 1500 amps in a software update. They never said we would get more than 532 shaft horsepower. That would make the P100DL more appealing over buying a P90D and paying $10,000 after delivery to upgrade it to ludicrous.

Now that would cause an uproar!
...and some of you thought the P90DL v1 people were just whiners for not getting 10.9...
When v2 owner would discover something like that, we'll get to 200 pages on this thread in a week!!!
...WITH many lawsuits threats ;-)

Something is wrong with the math here, especially for X
75D = 237 miles
90D = 257 (+20)
P100D = 289 (+32)
So 15KW diff yields less increase than 10KW?
And it's a P model that suppose to have less range

Here is S:
75D --> 90D = +35
P90D --> P100D = +45

What's also questionable for the Model X
P90D = 250 miles
P100D = 289 miles.
+39 miles for 10kw or 256wh mile.

So their "EPA estimated" is another farce or the 90kw batteries are short changed and the 100kw may be over provisioned a bit.

Now that would cause an uproar!
...and some of you thought the P90DL v1 people were just whiners for not getting 10.9...
When v2 owner would discover something like that, we'll get to 200 pages on this thread in a week!!!
...WITH many lawsuits threats ;-)
They could say it was just a temporary field test to see how the cars would handle the increased power that the p100dl would deliver.
And of course without the newfangled cooling system, these ancient packs just can't stand up to 1600 amps over the long haul.

Last edited:
The P90DL might put down better numbers than the P100DL, if the increased range of the p100dl came at the expense of higher internal resistance.

I suspect the latest P90D packs may be the P100D packs, but loaded with the lower capacity cells. So ignore my tesla excuse about newfangled cooling in my previous post.

Last edited:
It is possible that the newer cars (and the P100D) have new inverters, i.e. it is not just the battery that is boosting performance.

According to JB this is one way of boosting the 0-60 time.

Tesla Model 3 exclusive leaked specs: 300kW+ inverter architecture putting its power capacity near Model S

Is there an easy way to check without pulling the car apart?

Tesla said there were some upgrades made to the wiring harness and other small differences, but the drivetrain remains the same. The improvements to Ludicrous Mode acceleration are basically entirely due to the improvements in the battery pack.

The improvements come from less voltage sag and higher current draw from the battery pack.

It is possible that the newer cars (and the P100D) have new inverters, i.e. it is not just the battery that is boosting performance.

According to JB this is one way of boosting the 0-60 time.

Tesla Model 3 exclusive leaked specs: 300kW+ inverter architecture putting its power capacity near Model S

Is there an easy way to check without pulling the car apart?
Of course I'm speculating like everyone else here but there are many things that could be responsible for the increased power.

Status
Not open for further replies.