Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the half glass full theme but if this is meant for me I still don't get it.

Why do you think that it was meant for you?

You made a point of saying Tesla used the word "capable" therefore implying that they had some wiggle room.

I never said they " used the word capable".

Are you implying or inferring that they had "some wiggle room"?

I profusely indicate and state here, that I'm not trying to be rude here, and have no rude nor condescending intent whatsoever with my comment, lest anyone, anywhere or at any time think such, but I think you're inferring it as opposed to implying it.

I never implied that. And never said they used the word "capable".

I'm saying that IMO they are flat out specing the car at that number and had I paid for that feature and didn't get it I'd feel let down. I wouldn't sue but I'd lose trust. OTOH if a P90DL from 2015 hits that spec that would be fantastic.

Well no, I didn't say that "Tesla used the word capable" and never "made a point" that they had used this word.

However I inferred that, from reading what they did have to say.

Now whether or not they implied it, is a different matter.

But I again reiterate that I never made any point that "they had used" that word.

Last edited:
Ok my battery number is 1055835-00-C what does this tell anyone?

Nothing, aside from that your battery number is 1055835-00-C.

Why? Is it supposed to tell us something other than that?

My car goes in in 3 days for an upgrade and Tesla said I needed the "newer "upgrade kit

Well, whatever that is, it's sounding as though you need it. I'd take their word that you do, and go from there as long as they aren't trying to make you pay any more than originally agreed upon.

Good luck.

Why do you think that it was meant for you?

I never said they " used the word capable".

Are you implying or inferring that they had "some wiggle room"?

I profusely indicate and state here, that I'm not trying to be rude here, and have no rude nor condescending intent whatsoever with my comment, lest anyone, anywhere or at any time think such, but I think you're inferring it as opposed to implying it.

I never implied that. And never said they used the word "capable".

Well no, I didn't say that "Tesla used the word capable" and never "made a point" that they had used this word.

However I inferred that, from reading what they did have to say.

Now whether or not they implied it, is a different matter.

But I again reiterate that I never made any point that "they had used" that word.
My apologies you didn't say that. I missed you had quoted him.

Nothing, aside from that your battery number is 1055835-00-C.

Why? Is it supposed to tell us something other than that?

Well, whatever that is, it's sounding as though you need it. I'd take their word that you do, and go from there as long as they aren't trying to make you pay any more than originally agreed upon.

Good luck.
Sorry thought you were following this thread and saw my original posts back a few pages. To make a long story short I was scheduled to upgrade last week but the service center canceled the day before because they said I had a newer battery and needed a different upgrade kit as they only had the old kits in stock. I found that explanation suspect since my car is a mid May 2015 build. People asked what my battery number was so I just got around to looking it up. I'm just wondering if they haven't tweaked the kit again to allow a bit more amps as has been speculated

@ St. Charles and BHZMARK....

With all due respect to your claims of low 11.0X second quarter mile times, you have NOT YET posted those timing slips (St. Charles), nor bhzmark fully documented where/how your 11.0X time was achieved.

I have a timing slip for what "was?" the quickest officially timed P90DL back in MARCH timed at Sacramento Raceway at 11.22 seconds. I eagerly await your official timing strips that confirm and document these faster times that should of course be easily doable with a more recent software upgrade putting out an addition 50-60 hp.

sure he did, right here

2016 Tesla Model S P90D Ludicrous 1/4 Mile Drag Racing

With all due respect to your claims of low 11.0X second quarter mile times, you have NOT YET posted those timing slips (St. Charles), nor bhzmark fully documented where/how your 11.0X time was achieved.

I have a timing slip for what "was?" the quickest officially timed P90DL back in MARCH timed at Sacramento Raceway at 11.22 seconds. I eagerly await your official timing strips that confirm and document these faster times that should of course be easily doable with a more recent software upgrade putting out an addition 50-60 hp.

Lol? Are you saying that I fabricated my results?

Attachments

• 11.055 pass timeslip.jpg
    11.055 pass timeslip.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 59

St. Charles certainly did post his results.

And before that had also posted a best of 11.1516 in a P90D with Ludicrous at the "original" power levels and after the 11.22 you refer to.

11.22 hasn't been the quickest quarter mile time posted for a P90D with Ludicrous for awhile now.

Also, a P85D with Ludicrous has posted up an 11.22 time as well.

See the links pointed to in the prior posts.

Last edited:

You may have a reading comprehension issue ... :cool:

upload_2016-7-17_17-26-6.png

Reactions: St Charles
There is yet to be a model s of any standard configuration anywhere to run a 10.9 on any offical drag strip. This is quite some time after it was widely and consistently advertised everywhere without caveats.

A 10.9 as opposed to a 11.0 is a big thing in drag racing (somehow magically a lot more than the 0.1 suggests). A 10.9 makes it a "10 second car" as opposed to a 11.0 makes it a "11 second car" .... Movies have been built around that number. This is also particularly Strong due to the fact that it means p90dl is the world's fastest sedan (just).Tesla (and everyone else) knows the above and it is a substantial marketing item.

Now, if this number did not really matter to its consumers, why would tesla point it out everywhere? Clearly it is enough to market well and attract customers and many many L upgraders alike. It definitely counts ...

Then, if 10.9 was only really (not yet) achievable by the most unlikely configuration/environment/battery condition/weight/tail wind/hill/professional driver/Hail Mary pass that nobody would actually order/achieve (even when power is increased for some and not others) wouldn't this be considered misleading?

You want to attract the masses with the claim but none of those real attracted masses could actually ever achieve it?

This might be the misleading methods of others but is that our Tesla? I cannot see this from key competition (eg m5, rs6, e63, xfrs) with most understating performance.

Are we saying it is unreasonable for an average person that bought a optioned p90dl because of the 10.9 claim to ever expect to achieve it?

Is a real-world overstated tesla what we believe it or want it to be?

Alex,
What you will receive is an education on how Tesla is ok cause they are getting there along with some shaming because the current performance is really so close to Tesla's claims that you are childish to bring up the issue. What you will not receive is any meaningful discussion about the issue you raise when you use terms like "our Tesla?".

This is beginning to look a lot like a Ford/Chevy thing where it must be black/white, you must be 100% aligned with your side and there is no middle ground for discussion. A thick skin is required.

Alex,
What you will receive is an education on how Tesla is ok cause they are getting there along with some shaming because the current performance is really so close to Tesla's claims that you are childish to bring up the issue. What you will not receive is any meaningful discussion about the issue you raise when you use terms like "our Tesla?".

This is beginning to look a lot like a Ford/Chevy thing where it must be black/white, you must be 100% aligned with your side and there is no middle ground for discussion. A thick skin is required.

He must have forgotten about the 123 mph trap speed, which Tesla never claimed and had not printed anywhere, but that he earlier insisted they had stated this by proxy, as a result of the act of Elon merely tweeting that Motor Trend had tested the car.

Alex,

True. And sad. And now we're berated for enjoying the "good old days" (2014?) when Tesla acted like a different car company and actually delivered on performance claims. Most who hold your view, that Tesla can, and should, hold itself to a higher standard have stopped posting and are quietly waiting for a documented 10.9 or 3.1 or 691 or 85kw or free ranger service or ...

Status
Not open for further replies.