Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the sticker for the battery number? My car was a mid March 2015 build. Who knows maybe I lucked out as I put a deposit down within hours of the upgrade being available. Tesla "lost "my reservation until about a 2 months ago and this was the first slot they had since they now had 8 people in front of me.
It's on the battery which can be seen by turning your steering wheel far left and then looking under your right front wheel well.

since i still dont have a way to log the car directly i snapped this at my go-to launch zone.
28099816681_57518f30f5_z.jpg

~85% SoC, maxbattery on with 30 min remaining, 1071394-00-a, feb 2016 build date. air temp 22*C.

That's in the mid 450s.

I'm going out on a limb here with my Taco bet:

My theory is that software is increasing the current from 1500 amps to 1700 amps and this higher current is causing more voltage drop in the battery, so I'm betting that CAN bus data will eventually show that the 500 kW is from 1700 amps at 295 volts.

Tesla's software may only run the inverter at 1700 amps when the newer model (more heat-tolerant?) battery is present.

I think you're on the right track but I'll bet it's closer to 1600 amps ;)

Where is the sticker for the battery number? My car was a mid March 2015 build. Who knows maybe I lucked out as I put a deposit down within hours of the upgrade being available. Tesla "lost "my reservation until about a 2 months ago and this was the first slot they had since they now had 8 people in front of me.
battery sticker is at the rear of the front right wheel well. You have to look from below the car.

Ludicrous W/ Max Battery Power Ready! = :D Big Tesla Grin
View media item 115499
I'm not quite sure what you're giddy about here. Is it the 864wh/mile? That's just the average energy per mile you used over the last five miles. You could do that by accelerating from zero to eighty mph and braking to zero five times in the preceding five miles. It wouldn't matter how hard you accelerated, just that you did the zero to eighty to zero five times. The less aggressively you accelerated the longer it would take you to get to eighty, so you'd use the same amount of energy as if you accelerated harder but for less time. If it's not the 846wh/mile, well then never mind.

OK

We're gonna try this one more time. I'll be headed to Mason Dixon tonight and, god willing, get that 10.99 pass.

Last night I spent an hour trolling around the Tyco Rd Service Center connected to the {Tesla Service} WiFi until I finally got an update notification. I am now on (2.26.102). I have no testing to prove this yet but I should be able to peak at 500kW. My previous best was 492kW. Last time I ran, I was able to get an 11.05. I'm hoping this last few kW will give me the edge I need to find that 1/20th of a second.

Mason Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown MD, 5:30pm EDT. It's on!

Last edited:
I was unsuccessful. My best ET today was 11.08 @ 117.60. I'll post up the full timeslips and logs tomorrow.

Thanks for the update St Charles. I look forward to seeing the rest of the information.

Also, while not quite 10.9x yet, running 11.0x, and at two different tracks now I believe, and certainly on different days, is quite an achievement.

11 flat will win a lot of races, and I congratulate you on doing that, and thus far being the only person reported to have done such, on not one, but now two separate and consecutive occasions.

It will be interesting to see your comments, reflections, and your take on the time slips, splits and logs on this latest effort.

Thanks for the update St Charles. I look forward to seeing the rest of the information.

Also, while not quite 10.9x yet, running 11.0x, and at two different tracks now I believe, and certainly on different days, is quite an achievement.

11 flat will win a lot of races, and I congratulate you on doing that, and thus far being the only person reported to have done such, on not one, but now two separate and consecutive occasions.

It will be interesting to see your comments, reflections, and your take on the time slips, splits and logs on this latest effort.
@St Charles is still the fastest non-ringer P90DL on the road. J/K I'm razzing @P85DEE :).

@St Charles is still the fastest non-ringer P90DL on the road. J/K I'm razzing @P85DEE :).

Lol. Good one :D

St Charles has delivered the goods.

Matching the C&D quarter mile ET in his P90DL with original power.

Essentially proven through running consecutive 11.0x times @117-118 mph that 10.9x is likely reachable at less than 122 mph.

Taken considerable personal/physical and financial risk, and consumed a significant amount of time in attempt to determine the maximum quarter mile performance limit of the Tesla.

Shared his drag strip experiences in here in effort to shed some light and lead to better understanding among us on what happens during both the first half and last half of a quarter mile run.

But above all else, he's now demonstrated just how difficult it can be to hit 10.9x in this vehicle for even an experienced driver, who knows how to game the lights, knows his way down the quarter mile, and while apparently armed with significant additional power.

10.9 is a feat. It's not just "point and shoot". I'm convinced now, more than ever, that if Tesla was talking about 10.9, then they meant the high 10.9s.

He says that he was "unsuccessful".

Well in reaching 10.9xx, yes. But I've witnessed him describe one "success" after another in here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.