Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.... Also, my rated range is 247/275 at 90/100% which is more than Tesla claims on their site for the P90D. Would be interested to know what the older P90Ds were getting at delivery. Of course, this could also just be how software is displaying the range...perhaps based on the refreshed body style (i.e. better aero?).

The screen shot I posted on 2/19 of an X P90DL clearly making way more power than any S Ludicrous has made before. Remember, this is a logarithmic scale. That's half way to the 800 tick mark which means it's roughly 500 KW.

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 3.08.08 PM.png

I have a feeling this power increase is hardware/battery pack related, but we'll find out tomorrow when I get my software updated to the latest version...

Very likely.

We need to get someone with a CANBUS logger on the newer cars so we can see if the increase is coming from increased amps or decreased voltage drop due to lower internal resistance...or a combination of both.

New battery hw on 90 build from 11 april 2016. Do not use battery on cars build before. So yes think it is some more hw changes than just the battery.

Good find. I doubt that means you couldn't use the later battery on earlier cars. It probably just specifies which battery should be used with which car for purposes of replacement.

So P00DLs made on 4/11 or later are making more a lot more power than pre 4/11 cars it would seem.

Normally the part catalog specify that you also can use newer batteries on older cars. So think it must be some other changes to since they write do not use.

They only write that when battery can not be used. like the newer batteries 2.0/1.5 can not be used on the older rwd P85/85 that use 1.0 batteries.

Example from 85 Ludi they write the packs can be used on all with 1.5 and 2.0 enclosures.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
Good find. I doubt that means you couldn't use the later battery on earlier cars. It probably just specifies which battery should be used with which car for purposes of replacement.

So P00DLs made on 4/11 or later are making more a lot more power than pre 4/11 cars it would seem.

Except that ShotgunF15E's P90DL which is reporting 501kW was built in March. From their sig:

Ordered: 2/29/16 | Production: 3/11/16 | Delivered: 3/21/16

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
Except that ShotgunF15E's P90DL which is reporting 501kW was built in March. From their sig:

Ordered: 2/29/16 | Production: 3/11/16 | Delivered: 3/21/16

Think the facelift just have new batteries then :) I see the CIRCUIT DIAGRAMS are also changed 11 april. So think its just facelift stuff.

17 september 2015 was the last time before 11 april it was some major changes to the car. New wiring harness +++

Long time ago we where able to just look at the last letter to see if the battery was new ;) Since around mid 2015 you have to look at the part number.
OT ... I just checked my 2015 70D battery pack and it has an A suffix ... I though all new packs were B - D?

View attachment 181791

In addition to the part number and suffix that voltage is telling as well. If you have a 400V pack vs 350V pack you have an idea of how many cells are involved.

So no one is saying it yet, but wouldn't it be reasonable to say that one possible reason these packs are explicitly not to be used in anything other than the latest build P90Ds is that these are the 100kw packs? Would make sense that only new cars could handle the modified circuitry or whatever it is that will come from the bigger pack.

Possibly wishful thinking, as I have a new P90DL entering production in the next few days.,,

So no one is saying it yet, but wouldn't it be reasonable to say that one possible reason these packs are explicitly not to be used in anything other than the latest build P90Ds is that these are the 100kw packs? Would make sense that only new cars could handle the modified circuitry or whatever it is that will come from the bigger pack.

Possibly wishful thinking, as I have a new P90DL entering production in the next few days.,,

It has been speculated multiple times already in the forum in the last few days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.