Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

Why do you think this happens?

That is, why are you able to hit mid 450s after you supercharge without Max Battery if you Supercharge, but if you don't Supercharge you need to use Max Battery in order to get to the mid 450s?

Also are the two cars in the 500KW range seeing this after Supercharging, or are they seeing it after charging in some other manner and using Max Battery?

It's temperature. Max battery simply uses the heater to heat up the battery. When you supercharge, a 100+KW will also heat the battery up. In fact, if it's a warm day, the car will us the AC to cool the battery down from getting too hold while supercharging.

Also, if you supercharge on even a cool day up to say 80% and then hit max battery, it will tell you it will be ready within 5 minutes. If you select max battery right before supercharging, it will say something like 45 minutes. The length of time to when max battery is ready when you first select it is determined by how warm the battery currently is when you start max battery.

also, for those getting more power, are you waiting for the preheat of the battery to complete? or are you just turning on the maxpower button hitting the go switch? would be silly if we had to wait for preheat to complete, yet still need 100% SoC to get the maximum power of the car...

My log of 501kw (100% SOC) was made with the Max Battery selected and showing Ready.

pardon my ignorance... but how is that possible? did you enable maxbat, then drive around for an hour, then charge to 100%

Something like that, yea. Been driving, launching with max battery on, for a bit, then hit the charger to top off and then straight to another launch to try and capture 100% SOC. Actually dipped to 99% before I launched, but I went down a big hill and regen actually brought the logs back to up 100%.

pardon my ignorance... but how is that possible? did you enable maxbat, then drive around for an hour, then charge to 100%

He did it just like I'm going to this weekend where I do what I've never done before and will never do again because I don't want to kill my battery.

While you charge, enable max battery an hour or so before you hit 100%. It will use about 3KW so if you're charging at 40 amps * 240v volts at home, then account for that.

You could wait until you hit 100% but then you have to bake the battery for 45 minutes at 100% which is way worse than if you can have it reach temp just as it's hitting 100%. I'll probably only do it to 98%.

The most I've ever done was 90% with max battery ready. I never tried more because even at 95% without max battery before the L upgrade, I never got more than 415KW so it didn't seem above 90% made a difference.

6 hp away from 691 hp. It seems possible that a PD car might finally produce the hp originally promised.

Except the 691 was promised in P85Ds. If it is delivered now it will be in cars with 90 (or possibly even 100) batteries, and with Ludicrous.

Not exactly the same thing. (Someone's gotta say it, so it may as well be me!)

Last edited:
Humm. 457KW does not seem WAY more than 456KW

By the way, I just did a run with my non-refreshed P90D without Max Batt Pwr and got 459KW at 90%. With Max Batt Pwr I'm now getting 467KW at 97%. This is with battery #1063792-00-A and software 2.20.30. Before this revision I never achieved anything above 453KW with or without Max Batt Pwr. There is little doubt that Tesla has made the Max Batt Pwr more effective. It appears to be much more effective for the new refreshed Model S.

I think you're just seeing statistical error. A couple kW is nothing. The sample rate of powertools sucks. I was already up above 460 at 100% & max battery, 470 has been recorded. This is not what we are talking about. The 2016 P90D appears to have significantly more power even without getting to 100%.

Except the 691 was promised in P85Ds. If it is delivered now it will be in cars with 90 (or possibly even 100) batteries, and with Ludicrous.

Not exactly the same thing. (Someone's gotta say it, so it may as well be me!)

Are you saying there is something wrong with selling years worth of cars with a spec that can't be met except by a future car while your fanclub thinks that a firmware update will fix everything?

seems like a huge song and dance... lets hope along with boosting the kw peak at max SoC, the new software raises the kw down range too.

I agree, and it just doesn't seem practical.

If I'm following Sorka correctly, then it would be better to Supercharge, and then go to Max Battery immediately afterwards.

Barring that, charge from a 240/50 and then about an hour prior to reaching 100%, hit Max Battery.

Seems like unless the Supercharger were right next to the drag strip, that it will be hard to get in a pass at Max Battery AND at 94-100% SOC.

Or, charging to within an hour of reaching 100%, turning on Max Battery, charging the rest of the way, and then getting to the drag strip at as close to 94-100% SOC as you could while on Max Battery.

This would seem like a lot of hassle to go through, and even worse hassle on the street if you wanted maximum power.

Last edited:
got my update, but delay of game, flat tire!

Attachments

• IMG_6759.JPG
    IMG_6759.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 84
From my testing, I get the most KW when at 100% SOC

Today I did another run at 100% I did have the AC on and the stereo never the less it pulled a 510KW run to 60.

I also did some further testing at various SOC with AC on for example at
99% I got 509KW,
97% I got 508KW
96% I got 503KW

then I turned the AC off @ 92% I got 507KW

Last edited:

Today I did another run at 100% I did have the AC on and the stereo never the less it pulled a 510KW run to 60.

99% I got 509KW,
97% I got 508KW
96% I got 503KW

thanks for the info. Have you bought this car to a drag strip yet? would love to see the 1/4 mile time with 510 kw power. Just realized that 510 kw = 685 horse power!! insanity!

99% I got 509KW,
97% I got 508KW
96% I got 503KW

I'd love to see what you'd get at a 1/4 mile track at 100% charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.