Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1071941-00-C

I hit about 497kW with Max Battery On, at around 96% SOC

So was that right after doing 466 at 97% with Max Battery Power OFF?

We need a test doing Max Battery Power ON and Ready first. Then immediately follow with a Max Battery Power OFF.

Villhelm: The highest reported is with a P90DL at 512 Kw. You can see the comparative performance in this graph:

Max Power vs State of Charge and Temp

Also, some data here:

Tesla Model S P85/90D(L) Comparisons (Responses)

Last edited:
Sorry for delay, I have been on a road trip.

Very informative.

Highest I've seen for a P85DL.

Which firmware version?

7.1 (2.22.50)

Those numbers certainly push above the previous max curve for a P85DL. It appears similar to the small P90DL increase I saw with Max Batt Pwr ON after a recent software update. This is where GridSpace's spreadsheet collection is useful since data collected there includes software version, battery # and car production. My graphing is more focus on providing maximum performance vs SOC% curves for different models of cars and typical operation (Battery Pwr On and OFF).

Quick questions:
1) What software version?
2) Were you able to reach those power levels before recent software upgrade?
3) Any data with Max Batt Pwr OFF?

Thanks

1) 7.1 (2.22.50)
2) Yes, I supposo so since I had recorded 463 kW from CAN with 2.17.37 in April with SOC around 90 %
3) Not any parsed data, only raw CAN-recordings in CSV-format (I can't do parsing my self)

Last week I did two 0-160 km/h runs with my P85DL. First one with 100 % SOC and second with approximately 95 %. During both runs the Power Tools app showed 463 kW for maximum power. I recorded these runs with Vbox Sport (external antenna) and a CAN-bus recorder. Now I have had these recorded CAN data files parsed. During the first run maximum power from the battery was 468,72 kW (310 V and 1512 A) and during the second 468,44 kW (309 V and 1516 A). Both runs were with max battery power ready. I am happy to provide the data if anyone is interested.

With 2.20.45 on a dec 2014 p85dl I maxed out at 456kw at 100%SOC max power on, and addl heat to batt from getting on it. Tesla SC just updated the firmware to something else today and when I get car back I'll see if it changed.

Can't imagine what a 510-512 kw P90DL can do. We have at least 4 people here that has those cars, hopefully, they can bring it to a drag strip.
I'm one of the ones with the new battery pack in a P90DL and pulled 512kw. I just need someone to tell me where to go in SF Bay Area to get a good test. If the directories i've found online are accurate, I have to go all the way to Sacramento? seems odd there's nothing closer, but I'll find a way. looking forward to trying it.

Last edited:
I'm one of the ones with the new battery pack in a P90DL and pulled 512kw. I just need someone to tell me where to go in SF Bay Area to get a good test. If the directories i've found online are accurate, I have to go all the way to Sacramento? seems odd there's nothing closer, but I'll find a way. looking forward to trying it.
Thanks! Hopefully, the Cali owners here can recommend a good drag strip.

I was going through the wall connector installation guide and came across a table that gives miles per hour of charge for the P90D version of both the Model S and Model X. At the standard charging current of 48 amps, the Model S adds 34 miles per hour while the Model X only adds 30 miles per hour. I find it curious that the ratio of 34 : 30 is very close to the ratio of 100 : 90. This same relationship holds at the higher charging current also.

I've hit 458KW 95% max battery ready.

Similar results at 92% max battery ready last night while dragging against a P90DL
(Thanks to TM-Spy)

IMG_2887.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy and ggnykk
Status
Not open for further replies.