Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No end of quarter push/incentives this quarter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

whitex

Sep 30, 2015
Seattle area, WA
It seems Tesla has no inventory whatsoever, and Design Studio for MS and MX now gives end of May delivery estimates. This means that even before this quarter is half over, there is no way to order a new car and get it this quarter. M3 of course doesn't need any incentives at this time, so the conclusion has to be, there will be no push, incentives, or sales levers at the end of this quarter.

It seems Tesla has no inventory whatsoever, and Design Studio for MS and MX now gives end of May delivery estimates. This means that even before this quarter is half over, there is no way to order a new car and get it this quarter. M3 of course doesn't need any incentives at this time, so the conclusion has to be, there will be no push, incentives, or sales levers at the end of this quarter.

Obviously the only logical conclusion is that since Mars got a Tesla Roadster, Tesla is all the rage with the Martians as they only have one other electric car for the whole planet and that one is starting to fall apart. The Martian Colony has ordered the full Model S/X inventory for the next 3 months.

Either that or they are clearing inventory in time for an update/refresh :p

By the way, where did you see late May for a delivery estimate? I just looked and 75, 100, and P100D all show a late March delivery time frame.

Attachments

• TeslaDelivery.JPG
    TeslaDelivery.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 82
Obviously the only logical conclusion is that since Mars got a Tesla Roadster, Tesla is all the rage with the Martians as they only have one other electric car for the whole planet and that one is starting to fall apart. The Martian Colony has ordered the full Model S/X inventory for the next 3 months.

The inventory is already cleaned up. I went to ask about it last weekend and was told not a single S or X inventory car available at this time.

• Informative
Reactions: P85Dave

There has been odd things going on with Tesla inventory past couple of quarters - they seem to have refinanced them as well late last year, no? I wonder if there are some financial considerations in addition to product update plans? Q3/2016 was big on inventory and discounts, even though major AP2 change was just around the corner...

As for the product updates/refreshes, some of the latest rumor/speculation collected here: Rumor summary: Blind-spot cameras, Rain sensing, Level 3, Big battery, Interior/HUD #56 on the timeline. Some say the refresh would be delayed, but who knows, a lot of things pointed out also at it being timed for around this time...

Well there has been the end (the end for the umpteenth time) of free Supercharging that still allows those cars to be delivered inside Q1.

By the way, where did you see late May for a delivery estimate? I just looked and 75, 100, and P100D all show a late March delivery time frame.
I am looking at a new S or X, as my wife's S is likely to be totaled (waiting on insurance to decide). Both S and X were showing Late March earlier this week. This morning both S and X switched from Late March to Late May. I just checked now, the S is back to Late March, but X still shows Late May.
X Late May.png

Last edited:
The difference was 19.5k for the past month or so. As for may/march, it looks like only MX75D has a late may timeframe, at least for me.
I was only looking at S75D and X75D. Since S switched back to March, I put a deposit down just in case, but it seems I only have 72hrs now (rather than a week before) to change my mind, so unless the insurance company comes up with a determination soon I will have to cancel it.

The difference was 19.5k for the past month or so. As for may/march, it looks like only MX75D has a late may timeframe, at least for me.
Isn't the difference between X75D and X100D the same as S75D and X100D? Or are there other parts that differ between them. If not, then why would X75D take 3 months longer than X100D if S75D can be at the same earlier date as S100D?