Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owner config invites have begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~10th in line, SoCal, both reservations are now open :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
FINALLY_zpsvvgtyve5.png

It appears that most of the non-owner invites I've seen reported so far are from those that had their reservations in within the first hour that the stores were open. I doubt we'll see any online day 1 reservations get invites for a few weeks.

Any non-owners that have been invited so far have their reservation go through after 11 AM local time?

I walked into Palo Alto store and reserved ~ 11:20 am, and I am not able to configure. But glad they are rewarding the early birders who waiting in line for hours!

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I would assume everyone that got their invite today had a Feb-April window for first production? Can anyone confirm otherwise? Asking on behalf of all the March-May'rs out here :D

I was a March - May person for first production. It really looks like everything is going by when your reservation was placed. Anyone within the first 30 minutes or so in store seems to be in this first group.

• Informative
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Perhaps they decided to spread out the invites geographically to avoid bogging down particular delivery centers. That way they can get cars delivered more quickly. Although, they still have to figure in delivery time to points farther east.

I wonder what will happen to owners who reserve after Feb 14.
I had a friend make a second reservation After that batch of invites seemed to show that all current owners were invited. His new reservation does NOT have access to configure.

He has only ever owned one car, and does have a reservation from 3/31 (online) that is able to configure. So it's also possible that his priority is used up on that first one, but I think there were other examples of this not being the case. So I think owner priority is finished for any new reservations.

I wonder what will happen to owners who reserve after Feb 14.

Just a guess here but I assume they will be able to configure after getting their MyTesla account. Tesla said it would give owners priority which they seem to have, and an owner is an owner. And I think Telsa will always wanting to thank those owners who have bought a Roadster, MS or MX. My guess is if the new owner wants AWD they will be at the very end of the owner list for that option.

I configured on an owner friend’s reservation on 1/24-no VIN yet...

I was in the first 10 in line on day one in Burbank. Just got my invite on MY account to configure.

Tesla has no idea why my month-old configuration doesn’t have a VIN yet. Assuming they can finally straighten this out I’ll have an extra invite...