Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just emailed my SA and he responded with "If it's holding steady, I would expect to receive a VIN in the next couple of weeks. I will keep an eye on it, though, because changes can occur for it to be pushed out or for it to be assigned sooner." This makes me think it will be closer to the end date of my EDD range 9/24ish.

Just emailed my SA and he responded with "If it's holding steady, I would expect to receive a VIN in the next couple of weeks. I will keep an eye on it, though, because changes can occur for it to be pushed out or for it to be assigned sooner." This makes me think it will be closer to the end date of my EDD range 9/24ish.
That’s exactly what I was told

Reactions: whitehartdave
  • Current earliest date for EDD: Sep 2
  • Initial backend or latest date for EDD: Aug 20
I'm primarily keying off of VIN as my expectation from talking with my delivery manager is that (for Austin) I should expect at least 10 to 14 days from when I get a VIN to delivery. He said there are situations where a VIN comes quite late ... for example, while the car is in transit or even already in state, rather than the usual that is just before transit/shipping but this is not typical.

Since my hope is for delivery on Sep 4-6, I'm hoping for a VIN in the next few days. I'll be happy with delivery within my current EDD range, but my concern with how close things are getting to the end of the quarter is that my delivery is at risk of slipping until after the quarter end crush and shift of deliveries to CA. Delivery in Oct would be a frustrating delay.

Yeah, my initial date (other than just SEPT when I first ordered) was Aug 22 - Sept 11. That would have been fine. Now the date is bumping right up to when we had planned on taking our first big trip with it. Going to be very disappointed if that doesn't happen. Mine held steady for about a week but then slipped today by 5 days on the front end. Memorial day weekend would be a GREAT time for them to deliver. Still expecting a VIN any day now.

Sunday did not bring any surprises or should I say the opposite i.e. I am surprised no change in EDD, holding at 9/6 - 9/26.

VINs are being assigned, deliveries are happening, I am quite optimistic about current EDD.

Reactions: whitehartdave