Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I got an email from Tesla and my heart jumped but turns out they were just trying to sell me solar panels.
This morning I get an email from Tesla with the subject of “get back on the road!” and my heart jumped but turns out they just want me to go and take another test drive. Really?!
I don’t even get such emails lol. Still at 9/9-9/23 but half expecting it to be pushed out….

In our case, our MYP is shipping from Fremont to Dallas by train and then from Dallas to Austin by truck. I received notice this morning by text from Tesla that shipping delays are affecting are large number of deliveries for Texas.

Has anyone else with confirmed deliveries for Texas for next week heard this as well?

Our confirmed delivery appointment moved from Sep 6 at 10am to Sep 11 at 10am.

Last edited:
In our case, our MYP is shipping from Fremont to Dallas by train and then from Dallas to Austin by truck. I received notice this morning by text from Tesla that shipping delays are affecting are large number of deliveries for Texas.

Has anyone else with confirmed deliveries for Texas for next week heard this as well?

Our delivery moved from Sep 6 at 10am to Sep 11 at 10am.
I wish I could confirm, but I still only get silence from anyone at tesla regarding my pending order. 😪

Our confirmed delivery appointment moved from Sep 6 at 10am to Sep 11 at 10am.
Mine is supposed to arrive Saturday with a Tuesday delivery. A friend of mine has had his M3 delayed due to what you're referring to and received that same email. I haven't received an email nor has my SA reached out to communicate this. My delivery date is the same on my profile as well. Maybe a different truck?

Reactions: M-S-M
We got our M3SR+ on 8/21, wife loved it so much we test drove a MYLR + MYP at the Plano, TX Tesla store. Just ordered today a MYLR for her (I was really gunning for the MYP but couldn't justify the price difference with the harsher ride). Current delivery date "January" and I'll religiously check the EDD daily like I did with my M3, ready to be disappointed but the car is worth the wait!

Side note: talked to my SA and
a) GigaFactory Austin cannot sell TX-made cars in TX due to legislature (meaning all MY's sold in TX will be Fremont with 2170 cells)
b) Gigafactory is well behind already and don't expect 4680's till 2023 (my SA's opinion)

Reactions: chand