Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got around to calling Tesla sales to deal with my expired finance agreement (thanks to those on here who pointed out that’s a thing as the Tesla account page doesn’t mention it).
The rep on the phone at first thought it would have told me if it had expired but said he’d check my account and discovered that yes it had expired back on the 24th and was amazed the account page doesn’t tell us that. He resubmitted it and when I asked if the account page would say anything re if it had actually been done he, like me, lost all confidence in their system and suggested I call back the same time tomorrow.
But 5 mins later I got an email from Tesla saying I had an agreement to approve which I did (my session had been kicked out so I had to log back in) and I just clicked approve and so far my EDD shows the same.
I asked the guy if this week or so of expired finance would affect my delivery in any way and he said no, but then he also said the account would tell me my finance agreement had expired but it didn’t so… may as well ask a magic 8 ball.
Back when I was going through my delivery, I had delivery date scheduled. 2 days before, my financing with Tesla expired. This was after I had completed all pre-delivery tasks (paid down payment, insurance). I was not notified, but happened to check my account as it had become habit from checking for EDD every damn day. I called and the nice agent talked to their finance dept and said they would reset everything and to give it up to 24 hours. I checked a couple of hours later and everything was back to normal. I did not have to re-sign any agreements or anything. There were no ill effects from this other than my anxiety!

Reactions: LoneStarEve
“Tesla Update - Your Model Y has not yet arrived and as a precaution we are rescheduling your appointment on September 9, 2021 based on your car's current ETA. If your car does arrive earlier than anticipated, we will reach out to reschedule accordingly.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Reply to this message if you need assistance.”

pushed back 2 days

I was scheduled to pick up my white MYP on 8/29 but it got delayed due to a temporary tag processing issue at first and now again due to cosmetic issues such as scratches. New ETA is end of next week! They also won't fix the yellowish rear bumper because it's within "spec". Not sure how that's acceptable. I'm probably going to refuse delivery and re-order in a different color. Not looking forward to waiting weeks again.
That sucks. What location? I have my delivery scheduled for next Wednesday and I won't believe it until I see it.

Oh that’s not good! In fact that borders on sneaky!

My rate was always 2.49 through US Bank but I never bothered shopping it around. It’s only 36mos and I’ll actually pay it off within 6 so I wasn’t too worried about the rate.
Credit where due. Sent them an email and they fixed it back up to 2.29 and apologized for missing that in the first place.

That sucks. What location? I have my delivery scheduled for next Wednesday and I won't believe it until I see it.
Plano, TX. Saw a bunch of other white MY's on the lot that had the same discoloration issue. They admitted that it's due to the difference in base material used. The bumpers are plastic while the rest of the car is metal so they are having a hard time to get the white to match. Apparently it's a known issue. White paint discoloration
I didn't know or else I would have ordered another color.

Reactions: M-S-M
I was scheduled to pick up my white MYP on 8/29 but it got delayed due to a temporary tag processing issue at first and now again due to cosmetic issues such as scratches. New ETA is end of next week! They also won't fix the yellowish rear bumper because it's within "spec". Not sure how that's acceptable. I'm probably going to refuse delivery and re-order in a different color. Not looking forward to waiting weeks again.
😒😒😒

Full front bumper, half hood, front side fenders, mirrors, lights, all 4 door edges, front to back side rocker panels, rear quarter panels Xpel prime+ ppf. All windows, rear glass, windshield, and roof Xpel Ceramic Pro+ Tinting. Paint correction and 5 year ceramic pro coating for entire exterior (paint areas) and wheels. Used one of the very few Xpel corporate locations, as opposed to 3rd party installers, by Dallas Love Field Airport. About $4400 total including tax.
Sounds about right. I'm having the whole car done in PPF and all windows, rear glass, windshield, roof done as well...Will pick it up later this afternoon.

Spoke with my guy yesterday and he said I should get notification that a vehicle has been assigned to me, maybe the week after next and that delivery will maybe be for the end of September. Hoping it's right at the end as I'll be out of town until the 27th and they don't hand on to them for very long

My question though is what if they said they had one for you and you immediately paid for it, but took two weeks to pick it up? I wonder if they could reassign it after you'd paid for it regardless of whether or not you picked it up. Probably not if you also had the title, but then again they could just say we're giving you one of equal value and description ... just that'll it'll be in January :(

Spoke with my guy yesterday and he said I should get notification that a vehicle has been assigned to me, maybe the week after next and that delivery will maybe be for the end of September. Hoping it's right at the end as I'll be out of town until the 27th and they don't hand on to them for very long

My question though is what if they said they had one for you and you immediately paid for it, but took two weeks to pick it up? I wonder if they could reassign it after you'd paid for it regardless of whether or not you picked it up. Probably not if you also had the title, but then again they could just say we're giving you one of equal value and description ... just that'll it'll be in January :(
Same here. EDD is 4-20 and the 20th we start vacation. We also live 120 miles from the delivery center so there won't be any pick up on the 20th. My gear is that they will delay until then and then try to give it to someone else after I have waited for 3 months already.

<File in the "Believe-it-or-not" file>

Read on FB a person who didn't order until late July. Called and complained and had a VIN within an hour...

When I called yesterday I was given the email address of "[email protected]" as a new address for our area to check on orders. I just emailed them explaining that the 20th would be a bad date for us since that is when our vacation begins and the delivery point is 120 miles in the wrong direction.

We'll see.

Still holding fast at 4-20 Sept with no VIN...

Edd changed to 9/15-9/29 from 9/9-9/23 earlier. What is going on. &@&&&(?&$
Even after having a VIN and confirmed delivery date, we continue to see our dates shift out.

Musk commented this week that this quarter (this month) is likely to be the most challenging ever. Massive number of deliveries with major new production facilities (giga-Austin, giga-Berlin) not yet online. I will not be surprised to see VINs and deliveries massively shift very soon in the USA to locations close to Fremont. It's likely already being seen with some of the big EDD changes recently.

Details on my delivery, final payment link and other detailed docs that showed up with confirmed delivery are now gone from my order page. 😑

Even after having a VIN and confirmed delivery date, we continue to see our dates shift out.

Musk commented this week that this quarter (this month) is likely to be the most challenging ever. Massive number of deliveries with major new production facilities (giga-Austin, giga-Berlin) not yet online. I will not be surprised to see VINs and deliveries massively shift very soon in the USA to locations close to Fremont. It's likely already being seen with some of the big EDD changes recently.

Details on my delivery, final payment link and other detailed docs that showed up with confirmed delivery are now gone from my order page. 😑
I understand why a public company would do that to make the numbers look better, but that is just treating your customers wrong, plain and simple!

I wonder what would have happened if you had already made the payment???

Reactions: whitehartdave
I understand why a public company would do that to make the numbers look better, but that is just treating your customers wrong, plain and simple!

I wonder what would have happened if you had already made the payment???
Tesla would keep it until delivery. There are plenty of examples of that in the forum. Tesla has the payment option show up very early on the manage account page and gladly takes payment from those willing to pay early.

I don’t fault Tesla at all for doing what makes sense for revenue recognition with deliveries. Same from a cash flow, time value of money perspective with payments. Their situation with no dealer network is unique. I’ve had many longer and worse order experiences with traditional dealer networks.

I am ready to take delivery though! 🤔😬🥳

Reactions: MSHampton

I hope this is a glitch and it shows up back again soon. I’d be heartbroken if vin is assigned and then taken away

Reactions: M-S-M
I hope this is a glitch and it shows up back again soon. I’d be heartbroken if vin is assigned and then taken away
I still have my VIN; though I know there are examples in the forum of people that have had VINs assigned and then disappear.

The SA and delivery advisors I've chatted with have been helpful. Apparently, there is quite a significant delay with a large shipment of Tesla's on their way from Fremont to Dallas by train. Our MYP was suppose to arrive in Austin by truck from Dallas today, but has apparently not yet even arrived in Dallas. Since that is apparently at this point open ended, our delivery has now become blank. The EDD still says Sep 2 - 8 though! 😂