Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1695628405557.png

Guess they ran over time.

The picture is from an Electric Highways Tasmania site..

Yes that was very clear. I was saying I have never seen one at a NRMA site. Has anyone else? My feeling is that NRMA never adopted this option (which gives the appearance of an after market solution). In saying that, Tritiums site says they sell a variant of the RT50 with an integrated credit card reader, but that does not appear to be what NRMA installed back in the day.

Popcorn at the ready for comments on the Olympic Park Plugshare page.

That will be good. Someone should set up a webcam. Mittagong would be fun too.

They wouldn't have been much use at NRMA sites, given there's no payment to be made. (Unless you're asking if anyone has seen them retrofitted at sites in the last week or so?)
Picton has one of the older Tritium units and is part of the initial 3 site trial. They possibly chose the Picton one over Mittagong for that reason. Might be interesting to watch that one over the next couple of weeks as they fine tune their new payment processes.

(Unless you're asking if anyone has seen them retrofitted at sites in the last week or so?)

Yes this. The separate bollard solution shown doesn't look like something that they would be able to deploy statewide in a matter of days.

If they were going with something like this, you'd think these bollards would have been spotted, even if they were under shrouds or something.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Making the changes to the chargers before rolling out the app to everyone seems like a poor decision. In the middle of the school holidays too for maximum chaos.
For Olympic Park, there's plenty of other places to charge nearby. For regional chargers it will mean people who are road tripping may actually be able to use them instead of locals queuing up for a free charge.

Reactions: Chuq and Vostok
Interesting T&C's that you have to accept

Fair Use of the NRMA Electric Vehicle Fast Chargers

To help ensure that the NRMA EV Chargers are available for their intended use, the EV Chargers are not to be used to charge a vehicle if your vehicle is being used:

• as a taxi;
  • for ridesourcing or ridesharing (through Uber, Taxify or similar services);
  • to commercially deliver or transport goods;
  • for government purposes; or
  • for any other commercial venture.

Otherwise the app is a bit of a mess.
Why didn't they use Chargefox?

Seems to run as a sub-app, so any use of the back button takes you back to the main MyNRMA app, and instead you have to use close and map buttons.

All major CCs accepted inc AmEx. No Apple or Google Pay however. And my saved Google Pay cards didn't auto-fill under Android.

Has a favorites feature, though it doesn't obviously show in use or not.
Also has Tesla-esq use graphs for the chargers.

Screenshot_20230926-143450.png