Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I signed up yesterday as I leave next Tuesday for a trip around NSW and Victoria and wanted to cover as many charging options as I could.

Have just now returned and can report that the 3 NRMA chargers that I used in in Young, Bathurst and Armidale on my return trip were still free.

I used the Bathurst one only because it is right alongside the Tesla chargers, there were no other ev's anywhere in sight and it was free to use. A very odd spot for a free charger - which explains it's popularity with Tesla owners (as evidenced on Plug Share).

I used the Armidale one because my wife could not remember our easy Tamworth/Tenterfield trip back in January and was concerned about arrival a SOC of 18%. If you leave Tamworth with 90-100% you make Tenterfield easily.

Used one Chargefox, one Evie and quite a few free Hotel destination chargers. Total charger cost to me was $306 for 4,432 kms. Happy chappy.

Reactions: Davemcd
Seemingly all the NRMA chargers have now been added to the map.
Most are still free, but billing is spreading inland - Cowra and Orange have been turned on for example.

photostudio_1698715437504.jpg

Reactions: Hairyman
Unless I have an old version (there are no updates pending), the map and system is still a bit inconsistent.

No complaints, just observing.

You open up the "pin" for Scone (NSW), and it's a different pin type, and completely different display than Pokolbin for example. Scone helpfully includes peak charging time graph and so forth, whereas this information is missing from other sites.

So looks like the charging price for EVCharging/ NRMA Blue users is 60c/kWh.

With presumably NRMA roadside paid members paying 54c/kWh (10% off)
NRMA Blue has been renamed MyNRMA (it's the $5/month tier) and it includes 10% off the charging:

You'd have to charge probably twice a month to make it worth the $5, if that's all you're joining for (you do get a decent discount on NRMA Insurance though).

Jindabyne now billing

Picton, Holbrook, Hay, Narrandera, Jugiong (broken) remain listed as Free.
Lithgow not showing on the map, reportedly still free but one stall broken.

I thought I had signed up for a trial 6th mth free NRMA Blue membership, but pricing still showing as 60c for me.