Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NRMA fast charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to see so many regional centre’s! Hopefully more farmers get solar and electric cars, having fast chargers in town would allow them to charge for the return trip.

I would like to see Hay added to open this route to Adelaide. Bourke and broken hill would also be good for the above reason.

I agree about the regional centres, there's always the risk that the project may have just seen 20 fast chargers around Sydney and maybe a token Pacific Highway route, glad to see it is way more than that!

After the Chargefox announcement last year, I looked at the map and noticed the Hume and Pacific Highways were suspiciously lacking in NRMA sites and I thought they may had come to some agreement to leave those routes to Chargefox and their 350kW charging and spread the 50kW ones around the other parts of the state. It looks like that isn't 100% correct but interesting to see what happens there.

Article says that this will be part of the EV charger link across to SA, awesome!

Now that’s an interesting comment! I couldn’t find any locations west of the Newell Highway when I searched recently which lead me to think they were only focusing on connecting regional cities and towns east of there.

The wording says “eventually” so they still might not be... but nice to see they recognise the future need for this connection!

Tamworth has been added to the map, have updated the spreadsheet.

If the location on the map is precise, it's in the same car park where the Tamworth Regional Council denied a spot to Tesla a few months back!

upload_2019-2-10_22-25-16.png

Any news on some love in WA? We desperately need some fast charging North of Perth and off to the south east.

With Tesla announcing CCS combo 2 support in Europe that's the standard we need. I don't want a frunk full of charge cables.

• Funny
Reactions: Jays200
Any news on some love in WA? We desperately need some fast charging North of Perth and off to the south east.

With Tesla announcing CCS combo 2 support in Europe that's the standard we need. I don't want a frunk full of charge cables.
Well it's expected that Perth will see a Supercharger go online this year, you've also got Chargefox working on a ultra-fast charging network north and south of perth: Chargefox

CCS2 has now basically been adapted as the standard for Australia, I guess the RACWA sites are still running CCS1? The only others still using CCS1 in Australia appear to be the Byron Bay charger and ACTW sites, but im guessing it wont be too much longer before they are swapped. Pitty BMW isn't doing the right thing by its customers and swapping their older i3 sockets out. This also goes for Audi/Porsche etc that isn't swapping out their Type 1 vehicle sockets.

Yes RAC is CCS 1 :/ would be great if they changed it out and we all used CCS 2 or Tesla chargers.

Yes I've got the charge fox app installed and that looks promising. With a 100kW battery and a 3 phase 25a wall charger in my garage, the supercharger in Perth itself isn't something I expect to ever use.

To be fair all except one road trip I've done (to esperence) in my life are in range with the Bunbury supercharger in place so maybe I'm just wanting it there so I know I can!

Over 1200 Euro! That defeats about two years "gas savings". Or renting a gas guzzler for road trips only. Hardly a solution, especially for the more budget conscious model 3 owners that should flood the streets soon!

I am suggesting one is bought per charger, not owners owners buy them. TOCA and/or AEVA could do this and maybe easier than getting them changed depending on any red tap?

You'd need the opposite of that. That connects CCS1 cars to CCS2 chargers
Interesting, I didn't read the full description and thought it was the other way around. I wasn't sure that adapters were allowed but given this exists it shouldn't be a problem to make one the correct way although it would be best to change the plug on the charger.