Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October/November 2016 Build Quality?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PedanticOne

MyTesla Refresh Champion
Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2016
Bay Area, CA
Hi, I'm a relatively new lurker member. I just recently placed my order and it should get confirmed next Tuesday. Of course, reading the forums here and on the Tesla site, I see a lot of people with a lot of problems, which of course has always concerned me. That said, I've exchanged emails with some people at work who seem to indicate that the newer cars are 'perfect' while the early ones are pretty bad (at least in the small sample size there).

So I'm asking the more general population here what is the quality like these days? I've seen some older posts about quality back a few months ago. Wondering if anyone has more recent positive quality stories to share. If there's another thread I missed, please point me at it! Also wondering if there's a poll thread on this. Maybe there should be? Super curious to get a percentage of who has good experiences and who does not.

Built quality is personal, I got a defected paint spot, and many other cosmetic issues and they bug the heck out of me, but they are totally fine with my wife. you will never get a quality built Tesla anytime soon, and you should expect to visit service many many times. Again, this is personal preference, it depends how picky you are. However, I can say that the drive unit is robust and it always drive.