Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have set up a charging schedule on the car to only charge after 00:30 - but as soon as I plug in the Ohme on IO it starts charging outside the schedule of IO and Tesla.

I called octopus has a very helpful lady with a very particular accent that said there is no problem it’s working as intended, before I even described the issue. Then hung up on me when I said do you want to hear the issue first…(I wasn’t rude at all but soon as I gave my details I was on hold for 10 mins then came back saying it’s all ok without even knowing why I called).View attachment 839242

Yet as soon as I plug the car in … it starts charging, and according to my smart meter it’s at full rate not the cheap rate (I know octopus say they fix it but according to my detailed bill it isn’t working).

Does anyone have a contact for the IO team I stead of the generic call Center ?
I've had IO for a few days now, using an ohme home pro. No matter what I try the car charges when it was not scheduled too or doesn't charge at all. So I'm disabling the IO smart charging feature and leaving it to the Ohme to control charging in the standard 6 hour off peak period. A bit more development needed I think before I let the IO app take control.

Can I ask what unit rate people's smart meters give when on Intelligent Octopus? Mine only ever says 7.5p which means the calculated daily or weekly cost is always vastly understated. I assume I'm not actually going to be billed for everything at the low rate? If I am then I will delete this message and say no more about it!
Same. The display unit states 7.5p.

I've had IO for a few days now, using an ohme home pro. No matter what I try the car charges when it was not scheduled too or doesn't charge at all. So I'm disabling the IO smart charging feature and leaving it to the Ohme to control charging in the standard 6 hour off peak period. A bit more development needed I think before I let the IO app take control.
Have you read the FAQ for setting up IO on Ohme?

Also pasted some advice from one of the Ohme beta testers who are very close to the Ohme dev team.
1660291143274.png

1660291477971.png

Last edited:
Has anyone attempted a move without having the car yet? I'd like to lock in the rate now as I am afraid of another hike, but cannot complete the process on my phone as they seem to require a 'test charge' to complete the tariff switch?

I had this same problem and Octopus support wasn't helpful, just told me to delete the Tesla app to fix it. I worked out to fix the problem was to disconnect the tesla account from the Ohme app so it didn't get any my data from the car and just select the car manual and use it without the tesla account log in.

Reactions: Nd4me
I had this same problem and Octopus support wasn't helpful, just told me to delete the Tesla app to fix it. I worked out to fix the problem was to disconnect the tesla account from the Ohme app so it didn't get any my data from the car and just select the car manual and use it without the tesla account log in.
That's incorrect. While you can of course just use the fixed off-peak period it a) breaks the t&cs of the tariff and b) precludes you from getting the extra off-peak slots. See my post above as to how to set up the Ohme integration correctly

That's incorrect. While you can of course just use the fixed off-peak period it a) breaks the t&cs of the tariff and b) precludes you from getting the extra off-peak slots. See my post above as to how to set up the Ohme integration correctly
I do get the extra slots for off-peak charging. The tesla account is still connect to the Octopus App just no the ohme App.

That's why it's not working properly. Ohme have their own special integration into IO. If you want it to work, delink the from the IO app and do the Tesla integration in the Ohme app. It should be in the FAQ
I'm not convinced the ohme integration and the fact that the Tesla doesn't need ohme integration (unlike the majority of other EVs) is considered in the ohme FAQ. I don't think they are playing nicely together.

Thanks, sounds like an option. But to be honest I have solar/home battery so won't really benefit a great deal from the extra slots if I was ever to need them. Might just stick with the ohme in the fixed 6 hours👍

Have you read the FAQ for setting up IO on Ohme?

Also pasted some advice from one of the Ohme beta testers who are very close to the Ohme dev team.
View attachment 840027
View attachment 840030
Thanks browellm, but from my experiences (using same set up as written) the car should definitely not be charging at the times it has been.

Hi, I just moved from go to IO. Go was due to expire in December but wanted to lock in a new rate plus the longer 6 hr period.

Very easy switch and fully operational, got my slots as well today, the question is once slots are allocated do they stick? so if i set the solar batteries to use the extra 1hr slot they give me at 0800-0900 i am safe doing so ?

Hi, I just moved from go to IO. Go was due to expire in December but wanted to lock in a new rate plus the longer 6 hr period.

Very easy switch and fully operational, got my slots as well today, the question is once slots are allocated do they stick? so if i set the solar batteries to use the extra 1hr slot they give me at 0800-0900 i am safe doing so ?
Be careful, I noticed that two of my recent IO charges had moved at least one slot during the night when I checked history on my Zappi app next morning.

Reactions: hash