Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unlike @powertoold guarantee and prediction that its "game over for the competition" and that Tesla had already won autonomous driving and they will have L5 with safety disengagement around ~150k 6-9 months from October 2020.

I can guarantee you that based on Elon's track record that Huawei and/or Mobileye (Supervision) will have widespread software deployment of their L2 door to door AD system to their entire eligible fleet that works anywhere in china before Tesla deploys their L2 door to door AD system to their entire eligible fleet that works anywhere in the US.

Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the epic battle of the decade. Standing to my right is Tesla and Elon full of unfulfilled promises, hopes and dreams. Standing to my right is China and Mobileye full of 20 years of experience. May the best system win ... a cupcake. Fighters go...

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the epic battle of the decade. Standing to my right is Tesla and Elon full of unfulfilled promises, hopes and dreams. Standing to my right is China and Mobileye full of 20 years of experience. May the best system win ... a cupcake. Fighters go...

In honor of your post, I made this. Enjoy!

nXdjzHs.jpg

He explicitly told us he has no idea WTF he's talking about when he gives dates years ago in the 60 minutes interview.

Why people don't believe him when he said THAT, but then DO believe "2 weeks" I can't say.
Isn't the reason the general Tesla/Musk fan optimism and awe, coupled with the TSLA-bulls need for a (small) distortion of reality, and the narrative that every free thinker being a TSLAQ?

What a weird tweet. "All 3/Y can be upgraded to have the FSD computer"

No Y was ever made without it. And is he saying S/X cannot?

I bet this is some imprecise twist on the upcoming upgrade path we have seen in the app code for people that subscribe to FSD when subscriptions start happening in May.

We all realize the button is never happening, right? It's like early access that never happened. He's stopped talking about it. FSD v9 will go to youtube influencers, will take quarters to get good enough lIke v8 did, and then will either just be dropped to everyone, or will require a fundamental rewrite and move to v10. Note he said everyone will get FSD visuals when it's released, but that could be in 2023.

Last edited:
We all realize the button is never happening, right? It's like early access that never happened. He's stopped talking about it. FSD v9 will go to youtube influencers, will take quarters to get good enough lIke v8 did, and then will either just be dropped to everyone, or will require a fundamental rewrite and move to v10. Note he said everyone will get FSD visuals when it's released, but that could be in 2023.

Yeah, I realize the button will never happen. Like I've mentioned before I think the button was a spur of the moment thing. Let's remember how the button started. Elon asked his twitter fans if they wanted to try FSD Beta. Of course, he was immediately flooded with thousands of people begging for FSD Beta. At first, he said people should apply for the Early Access program but them EA got flooded with requests. So I think to appease his twitter fanbase and stop EA from being flooded with requests, he said they would do the button so that anyone who wanted to could just download it directly without having to apply to EA. It sounded like a good solution to the problem of Tesla getting inundated with requests to join EA. But after he said it, he probably realized it was a bad idea or someone at Tesla told him it was a bad idea for liability reasons. So now, he is just going to pretend like it never happened.

FSD wide release will have new FSD visualizations.

I wonder if they do another "FSD sneak peak", like they did before, of giving everybody the new "mind of car" visualizations before they release V9?
Will "mind of car" be the car showing you WHEN it's about to go? That has been a request from many of us. As in: "Turning across traffic in 5-4-3-2-1, now". Would be nice if it vocalized this as well.

Hopefully the path prediction is more stable too, and it picks the right way and sticks to that decision, not changing its mind in mid-turn.