Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep. Sounds like the button will just be a request to get FSD Beta, not a guarantee. I'm guessing some or most people will request opt-in and get denied for no reason. Elon is changing the terms because the original button was an automatic download.
My take is
- They want to use a button so that only people interested get it, rather than pushing out to everyone
- They may have a total limit, so it could be first come first served
- They may filter out people who are known to drive dangerously

Overall - I don't think the numbers will be very low like in "Early Access Program" - but may still have a limit of a few 10s of thousands.

Reactions: edseloh
Is it possible "The Button" has been with us this whole time?
1630598330031.png

Remember, the best part is no part!

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the "The Button" deliberations. How are they deciding?

V10 is one week late compared to previous schedule.
V10.1 & button is on time compared to previous schedule - 24th Sep.
The funnel is narrowing.
Get ready to eat crow people.

If you say you're going to bring pizza over on Tuesday, and then you don't, and then say you're going to bring it over on Saturday, you don't get points for being on time.

V10 is one week late compared to previous schedule.
V10.1 & button is on time compared to previous schedule - 24th Sep.
The funnel is narrowing.
Get ready to eat crow people.

Are there 1m robotaxis on the road?
Also, I thought the "button" was coming in March 2021?
Also, I thought regulatory approval was the only thing holding back Tesla?
Also, Tesla stated the driver is only there for "legal reasons" in their, what, 2016 FSD video unveil?

This was what the original FSD buyers were sold in 2016:
yvn-SM1sQ4bzZkzwZPz0gexEU8BNH_tlTh0UyXg-g2w.jpg

But tell us again, who's supposed to eat the crow?

Fortunately, I'm right in Tesla's back yard (Silicon Valley) where they're doing the majority of test and qual.

Unfortunately, people located elsewhere are probably going to have to wait. I think the order is something like rest of US, Canada, Norway, ....etc...

My take is
- They want to use a button so that only people interested get it, rather than pushing out to everyone
- They may have a total limit, so it could be first come first served
- They may filter out people who are known to drive dangerously

Overall - I don't think the numbers will be very low like in "Early Access Program" - but may still have a limit of a few 10s of thousands.

• Disagree
Reactions: Aerodyna
Remember when it’s was said to schedule a service appointment to get the beta? Then, service replied back to send all inquiries to [email protected] with your contact info and VIN? Pepperidge Farms remembers….

I was one of the losers that sent an email after papa Elon came through with the Hopium. They never even bothered replying. It's like they don't care about us and think it's all a joke.

Signed,
Your Best Friend Stan

Are there 1m robotaxis on the road?
Also, I thought the "button" was coming in March 2021?
Also, I thought regulatory approval was the only thing holding back Tesla?
Also, Tesla stated the driver is only there for "legal reasons" in their, what, 2016 FSD video unveil?

This was what the original FSD buyers were sold in 2016:
yvn-SM1sQ4bzZkzwZPz0gexEU8BNH_tlTh0UyXg-g2w.jpg

But tell us again, who's supposed to eat the crow?

Let’s say in some magical parallel universe, Tesla solves L5 in 2030. The diehards will still say they were 100% right and we were wrong all along and need to eat crow.

I'm not disappointed in paying for FSD, but I am disappointed that I bought in (with money that was not easy to "donate" to the cause) for the opportunity to be part of the development, and here we are... YouTubers dangling that nice carrot with the "feedback" button on the screen, as it happily parades around any road they point to. None for me. 🥴 Nope, I just keep watching from the outside. 🥴 With Fisher-Price "Autosteer and TACC" as Autopilot.

Ah, I remember the optimism of March... FSD Beta seeming so close to reality.

The clock is ticking towards a real goal now, at least. Though it wouldn't be the N'th time the goalposts have been moved. I just hope it's not a "Gmail beta" style thing, where it's effectively neutered for public consumption, intended to be "the public version", and just slapped with the Beta tag for formality. By then it'll be too late to have any meaningful contribution to its development. And we'll still be left without working USB media, because hey, those bugs are all now features. Hope you like being forced to signal to the left every time you pass an exit on the right along a curved stretch of freeway... because that bug is now a Feature.

(oof, end rant!)

Hope you like being forced to signal to the left every time you pass an exit on the right along a curved stretch of freeway... because that bug is now a Feature.
Say, what?!? Are you reporting that your Tesla will unilaterally exit highways? I've never experienced this "feature"! When using TACC/AP on any lined road with no destination input, my MY keeps driving on the main roadway. Please share a video.

Say, what?!? Are you reporting that your Tesla will unilaterally exit highways? I've never experienced this "feature"! When using TACC/AP on any lined road with no destination input, my MY keeps driving on the main roadway. Please share a video.
😒 A slight overreaction of an exaggerated misinterpretation.

The damn car forces the blinkers on when "navigating" forks with Navigate-on-Autopilot. It's totally wrong to do so most of the time, but more importantly, it does it even when there's an adjacent lane that I could be signalling a lane change into.

Far too often, it mistakes a basic exit cut for a "fork" while on the open freeway, if the freeway curves slightly, and it signals to the left just to say "I'm not taking this exit, lol". Makes it look like I'm trying to move left.

I had hoped this would be fixed in the months after NoAP came out, but... now almost 2 years later, no improvement.

• Informative
Reactions: edseloh and GeoffEV
Sidebar: My car, with NoA active, always takes the wrong freeway exit on my commute -- and I'm talking about a proper exit from a major highway in the SF Bay Area. Going 680 north, I need to take the Diablo Road exit, but it always shoots me off on Sycamore Valley Road, the exit prior -- even though that's not where the nav is indicating. Consistently. I've reported it probably 50 times.