Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this on Reddit. Gave me a chuckle:

Ladies and gentlemen, the Barenaked Ladies:

It's been one year since you tweeted at me,

Posted a long update about the new FSD

Five months since you memed me

Saying, "download beta button on its way, you'll see"

Two weeks since the last promise made,

I've realized it's all my fault and I shouldn't believe you

Yesterday, you laughed at me

But it'll still be two weeks 'til I get my features.

Saw this on Reddit. Gave me a chuckle:

Ladies and gentlemen, the Barenaked Ladies:

It's been one year since you tweeted at me,

Posted a long update about the new FSD

Five months since you memed me

Saying, "download beta button on its way, you'll see"

Two weeks since the last promise made,

I've realized it's all my fault and I shouldn't believe you

Yesterday, you laughed at me

But it'll still be two weeks 'til I get my features.

That's awesome. Now someone needs to sing it!

Reactions: Microterf
It’s starting to seem like The Button is not an automatic download but a request for FSD beta:

So that's a delivery estimate of The Button of about September 24th.

Previously it was estimated to be October 1st, or possibly September 22nd.

Though I guess the "actual" timeline would be 10.1 release, followed by another two weeks to make sure it's good, before The Button. (Depends on interpretation.)

Reactions: powertoold

notice how the download button has become an ‘opt-in request button’?

oh dear

Yep. Sounds like the button will just be a request to get FSD Beta, not a guarantee. I'm guessing some or most people will request opt-in and get denied for no reason. Elon is changing the terms because the original button was an automatic download.

Yep. Sounds like the button will just be a request to get FSD Beta, not a guarantee. I'm guessing some or most people will request opt-in and get denied for no reason. Elon is changing the terms because the original button was an automatic download.

if only there were a better way to prioritize beta rollout…..hmmm…maybe…..FSD purchase date???

Probably worth noting that "looks promising" is not a definite yes. Elon could say that some bugs came up and they need more time. The opt-in button could get delayed some more if V10.1 is not good enough.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a "full" release this year. Tesla will likely expand the testing group, but I doubt there will be more than 10k at the end of the year.

It's good to hear that they're making good progress, and the beta 10 timeline is pretty much on schedule.

Sounds like the download button will be "standard" "advanced" and "FSD beta"... And will have the same effect "standard" and "advanced" have today ;)

nd the beta 10 timeline is pretty much on schedule.
LOL... As long as he puts CSA in a new version number, now we can say that version number is on schedule, ignoring the feature the version enables is literally 3 years off schedule.

I hear version 13 is on schedule as well. Features to be determined 2 weeks before release.