Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4.1 Android version now available!
I just downloaded from apk mirror, and got to see my safety score on my Samsung S21. This is the link I used:
But that is a point-in-time release google will not update it as one doesn't get it from Google. The question becomes why isn't Tesla submitting it to Google, or if they did why isn't Google posting it.

A statistical model will be right on average but not right in every case. There are probably some cases where it's way off. The model not working in your case does not imply the 5 billion miles of fleet data they used to build the model are invalid.
Each person receives a score based on a statistical model, yes you are correct.
However a safety score is based on user data and the statistical model.
An individual's safety score is garbage if there are a lot of mistakes with the head on collision portion. The rest of the inputs are solid but that one is not. Garbage in garbage out. It's that simple.
If individuals are going to be tagged with specific values/labels it needs to be 100% correct. I am amazed that people do not follow that.

Is there anyway to get your Safety Score if you have an Android phone? I requested the FSD Beta last Saturday but there is no Safety Score shown in the App. I uninstalled and reinstalled the App because on the old app it was getting a "can't find translation file" under manage upgrade. The UI is different than it was so this is new version but there doesn't seem to be a Safety Score section anywhere. Do they have a webpage for it? I couldn't find anything on the website.

An individual's safety score is garbage if there are a lot of mistakes with the head on collision portion. The rest of the inputs are solid but that one is not. Garbage in garbage out. It's that simple.

This would be a case of accuracy vs precision. If the entire pool of safety score drivers are subjected to possible FCW false positives, statistically the scores will still precisely illuminate the influences of the other factors. Individually this sucks because you got unlucky. And I myself would be enraged if/when I get a FCW false positive. But overall the system is going to allow Tesla to pick decent drivers. This is risk mitigation, not best driver in the world identification.

But that is a point-in-time release google will not update it as one doesn't get it from Google. The question becomes why isn't Tesla submitting it to Google, or if they did why isn't Google posting it.

This is not true. Because the app is signed and official (it did originate from the Play Store), you will get updated automatically moving forward when a newer release is out. Whether you get that next release in a timely manner is a matter of luck.

Is there anyway to get your Safety Score if you have an Android phone? I requested the FSD Beta last Saturday but there is no Safety Score shown in the App. I uninstalled and reinstalled the App because on the old app it was getting a "can't find translation file" under manage upgrade. The UI is different than it was so this is new version but there doesn't seem to be a Safety Score section anywhere. Do they have a webpage for it? I couldn't find anything on the website.

Usually, Tesla Android app officially appears quite a few days after iPhone has it. Please follow @GtiMart 's instructions above if you don't want to wait.

The APKMIRROR can be confusing. Basics: Go to Tesla 4.1.0-663 APK Download by Tesla, Inc. - APKMirror, click on the red down arrow circled. Your phone settings MIGHT have a setting to block side downloads - you should be prompted if that is the case, Allow one time, turn the setting back on if you desire. It's a safe thing.

Google is horrendous at getting their apps updated. It's common to take a week or longer once sent to them.

apk.PNG

Reactions: GargantulaKon
Are you sure that isn't malware? The Install button on that page is for something called Binance not for the Tesla App.
I'm pretty sure you clicked on one of those "!! DOwnloaAD NOW!!1" big green button ads there, not the intended app.

I swear those kinds of deceptive "big green download button" ads need to be banned from ad platforms, but they make lots of money from them, so they continue.