Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would something like this be possible to include in the watch app? (Virtual Keyfob for Watch by Modern Stack, Inc) I’m not entirely sure how it works, but it looks like it’s using Bluetooth to send commands to the car instead of needing an active internet connection. This would be an interesting feature for people who want to leave everything at home except their watch and not have to worry about getting locked out.

Would something like this be possible to include in the watch app? (Virtual Keyfob for Watch by Modern Stack, Inc) I’m not entirely sure how it works, but it looks like it’s using Bluetooth to send commands to the car instead of needing an active internet connection. This would be an interesting feature for people who want to leave everything at home except their watch and not have to worry about getting locked out.
Possibly. Actively investigating this.

Reactions: cantchoosename
The best watch key app(s) use NFC rather than Bluetooth, i.e. mimic the key card function.. There is (was) a single-purpose app on GitHub for Android Wear but it seems not to work anymore. I just successfully made the NFC Tesla key function work on my Galaxy Warch 5 Pro, using the Drive Electric app.

(Apologies for naming an app competitor here; I'm a Tessie lifetime subscriber and I stil use Tessie daily, particularly for its voice-assistant integration. But the NFC key watch integration is not widely implemented in Tesla apos at this time, so I thought I'd mention it.)

Looks like more than one Apple Watch dev have made this direct Watch<>Bluetooth connection work recently. Feels disturbingly hacky to me, if I’m honest.

Crazy UI though 😂

Last edited:
Does Tessie offer any powertrain/climate temperature/pressure or voltage/amperage/power output monitoring for iOS? I signed up for a free trial and the data seemed very elementary and math I can easily do myself re battery health for instance

Does Tessie offer any powertrain/climate temperature/pressure or voltage/amperage/power output monitoring for iOS? I signed up for a free trial and the data seemed very elementary and math I can easily do myself re battery health for instance
The statistics are less about mind blowing math gymnastics and more about tracking the car over time automatically without having to do the math yourself.

Powertrain temperature requires a CAN bus device.

You can see climate temperature and power output tracked under Activity and in Charges. More raw data views will be exposed soon.

The firmware viewer (tap the model at the bottom of the home screen) also exposes more data if you're interested.

Love the app so far and have the subscription. When using the automations for start climate/preconditioning, I am assuming it preconditions the battery similar to one scheduling this via the official Tesla app? Though the one caveat I think I read in one of the comments was to schedule this 30 mins ahead of departure rather than just scheduling it for the departure time, which is done in the official Tesla app. Please correct me if I am wrong. Appreciate it.

Love the app so far and have the subscription. When using the automations for start climate/preconditioning, I am assuming it preconditions the battery similar to one scheduling this via the official Tesla app? Though the one caveat I think I read in one of the comments was to schedule this 30 mins ahead of departure rather than just scheduling it for the departure time, which is done in the official Tesla app. Please correct me if I am wrong. Appreciate it.
You are absolutely correct!

Hey there. Any idea why my charging history looks like this? It's almost as if it only polled status 4 times during 21hours..

Screenshot_20230121_104746.jpg

Hey there. Any idea why my charging history looks like this? It's almost as if it only polled status 4 times during 21hours..

View attachment 898159
This is due to a poor network connection from the car. It polls every 10 seconds. If the car is connected to WiFi, move the router closer or disconnect it from WiFi. Likewise, if it's on cellular see if you can join it to a WiFi point. Restarting the car by holding both scroll wheel buttons until the screen turns off can also help sometimes.

I think I found a way to detect this and show it in the charge. Working on adding that!

This weekend I went hiking in a nature reserve, and after several hours I had no clue where I was in relation to my car. I opened Tessie and clicked the arrow in the address bar, and it launched Google Maps with directions back to the car. Very useful feature!
I have a fun little idea in mind that might be even more useful... hoping to have it out before too long! ;)

Reactions: Baluchi
clicked the arrow in the address bar, and it launched Google Maps with directions back to the car. Very useful feature!
Sorry if I'm being dense - what address bar?

Is there a comprehensive "how to" on Tessie somewhere? This is the 2nd feature mentioned here that I didn't realize was there nor where to find it. The other was a map showing current range - still can't find that one.

I really like the app but it's not particularly intuitive.

Sorry if I'm being dense - what address bar?

Is there a comprehensive "how to" on Tessie somewhere? This is the 2nd feature mentioned here that I didn't realize was there nor where to find it. The other was a map showing current range - still can't find that one.

I really like the app but it's not particularly intuitive.
Here's how to find the location screen, the address bar and directions, and the range map:

1674444058914.png

1674444046351.png

1674444082266.png

Would love any suggestions for how to make any of it more intuitive.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056