Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning to use a Raspberry Pi to automatically send dashcam and sentry files to my home server when I'm parked at my house. I'll be using this software. One concern is that the car needs to stay awake long enough for the file transfer to complete. How could I use Tessie to make sure that the car stays awake until the transfer is done?

I'm planning to use a Raspberry Pi to automatically send dashcam and sentry files to my home server when I'm parked at my house. I'll be using this software. One concern is that the car needs to stay awake long enough for the file transfer to complete. How could I use Tessie to make sure that the car stays awake until the transfer is done?
The car usually takes up to 15 minutes to sleep. If the transfer takes longer than that, you can ping the Tessie API state endpoint (set use_cache=false) every few minutes until it completes.

If you create a charging schedule for Monday through Friday, 12am to 6am, your car will only charge 12am to 6am on Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, the car is free to charge anytime.

The car is checked every minute. If it's charging outside of your schedule, it will be stopped.

You are correct that if it didn't behave this way, there would be no point in a schedule. :)
Right, thanks.

I’ve now got Tessie solely handling the vehicle charging between 0030-0430 every day and on the (rare) occasions when I need departure preconditioning I think I’ll just use Tesla’s native “Scheduled Departure” feature instead.

This has meant I can remove another third-party app from my Tesla account 😀

Right, thanks.

I’ve now got Tessie solely handling the vehicle charging between 0030-0430 every day and on the (rare) occasions when I need departure preconditioning I think I’ll just use Tesla’s native “Scheduled Departure” feature instead.

This has meant I can remove another third-party app from my Tesla account 😀
Can also combine it with preconditioning automations if and when you need.

Hi James,
I ran into a situation. I had closed out of all my apps on my phone and the last app i used was the Tesla app to check my Insurance.
When I got home and plugged in, it started charging right away even though I have the Automation setup to start at 11pm, in the Tessie app.
Was it because i completely closed all my apps except the Tesla app and the Tessie app was closed?

Hi James,
I ran into a situation. I had closed out of all my apps on my phone and the last app i used was the Tesla app to check my Insurance.
When I got home and plugged in, it started charging right away even though I have the Automation setup to start at 11pm, in the Tessie app.
Was it because i completely closed all my apps except the Tesla app and the Tessie app was closed?
Yes, it will start charging right away (no way to prevent it the moment you plug in), but it will be stopped within a minute. It doesn't matter if the app is open. :)

Can also combine it with preconditioning automations if and when you need.
That means I have to manually set a time for preconditioning to start rather than setting a time I want preconditioning to complete at. I appreciate Tessie probably can't do the latter and I'm going to have to trust the vehicle to do it using Tesla's algorithms.

I also finally devoted more than a couple of neuron's worth of thought to this problem, and have ended up deleting Tessie's charging schedule entirely and replaced it with a timed "Stop Charging" automation in combination with a Tesla "Scheduled Charge".

This meets my particular and specific needs much better as it means the car doesn't charge when it's plugged in at home (the Tesla scheduled charge time prevents it), charging starts at 0030 each night in my off-peak window without any internet connectivity being required, and the worst that can happen is Tessie doesn't stop charging and I hit the charge limit in the car. I can manually bump charge without having to remove the Tessie charging schedule, and when I need to use the departure charging in the vehicle all I have to do is remember to disable the Tessie "Stop Charging" automation manually when I'm configuring the departure charging.

Hi,
I want to add a second vehicle, but its email is the same for my Tessie account.
What do i have to do to get this vehicle added?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220728-084700_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220728-084700_Chrome.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 95