Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible in a future version of Tessie to allow automation of amp setting ? Specifically as an “On Arrival” automation in my case, but being able to set it everywhere in Automation would be good.

(Apologies if this is already there and I missed it in the interface)

Yep, this is coming!
Very good. Installed now. I need it during the day between 0800-1800 where the cheapest is to keep the charging current below 8 amps at my home address. At work there are no such restrictions.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Utumno
If you create a charging schedule for Monday through Friday, 12am to 6am, your car will only charge 12am to 6am on Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, the car is free to charge anytime.

The car is checked every minute. If it's charging outside of your schedule, it will be stopped.

You are correct that if it didn't behave this way, there would be no point in a schedule. :)
Is there a way, in this scenario, to start a manual charge (through Tessie) without having to disable the schedule? I tried it today and without disabling the schedule the charging session would be stopped.

Thanks!

Is there a way, in this scenario, to start a manual charge (through Tessie) without having to disable the schedule? I tried it today and without disabling the schedule the charging session would be stopped.

Thanks!
There is a "start charging" right here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220729-095402.jpg
    Screenshot_20220729-095402.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 87
Yeah, but when I activate it, the car starts charging to only stop charging (I assume because I am outside of my automation scheduled charging time). I have to deactivate the schedule for the charging to be successful.
I see what you're saying. Maybe it can be updated to make that a manual override?
Come to think about it, I did use the start inside the car when I had to charge outside of the automated time.

I see what you're saying. Maybe it can be updated to make that a manual override?
Come to think about it, I did use the start inside the car when I had to charge outside of the automated time.
Oops, I just realized I had my home automation system turning off the charger during peak hours. It may have been that which was tripping me up. I'll have to try again sometime. The home automation also takes anywhere from 0-60 seconds to stop the charging once started.

Yeah, but when I activate it, the car starts charging to only stop charging (I assume because I am outside of my automation scheduled charging time). I have to deactivate the schedule for the charging to be successful.
New feature, live now: to override schedules to allow charging for the next 24 hours, open Tessie and press Start Charging. To remove the override, press Stop Charging.

New feature, live now: to override schedules to allow charging for the next 24 hours, open Tessie and press Start Charging. To remove the override, press Stop Charging.
Nice. Does the override expire automatically when the charge limit is reached, assuming it is reached before the start of the next Tessie-scheduled charge?

I’m assuming also that hitting “Start Charging” in the Tesla app or in-car won’t set an override in Tessie, is this correct? Ie you have to use Tessie to start an override charge?

Nice. Does the override expire automatically when the charge limit is reached, assuming it is reached before the start of the next Tessie-scheduled charge?

I’m assuming also that hitting “Start Charging” in the Tesla app or in-car won’t set an override in Tessie, is this correct? Ie you have to use Tessie to start an override charge?
It overrides schedules for 24 hours or until stopped. Other sources don't override it.

Reactions: Utumno
So for my off peak charging it’s Monday through Friday 9pm at night to 1pm the next day. I crated this automation. Now it started tonight at 930pm and I have it set to chargers to 90 percent. Will it shut off at midnight based on the below screen shot since it goes into Saturday?

Attachments

• C0E87ADA-DBC7-41E3-A4C6-7E361AA18063.jpeg
    C0E87ADA-DBC7-41E3-A4C6-7E361AA18063.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 45
So for my off peak charging it’s Monday through Friday 9pm at night to 1pm the next day. I crated this automation. Now it started tonight at 930pm and I have it set to chargers to 90 percent. Will it shut off at midnight based on the below screen shot since it goes into Saturday?
It would keep charging since you don't have any time restriction for Saturday.

For example, if you create a schedule for Monday through Friday, 12am to 6am, your car will only charge 12am to 6am on Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, the car is free to charge anytime.

Edit: sorry, misread this originally!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tonedog77
It would keep charging since you don't have any time restriction for Saturday.

For example, if you create a schedule for Monday through Friday, 12am to 6am, your car will only charge 12am to 6am on Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, the car is free to charge anytime.

Edit: sorry, misread this originally!
Awesome thank you for the clarification!

Reactions: James@Tessie
Is there any way to change other settings upon arriving at a location? I'm guessing no, that this is a limitation of the Tesla API.

As an example, I'd love to have auto-present handles turned on at anywhere except my home (where I'd be walking in and out of my garage enough that I turned it off because it was annoying). At work/elsewhere, I wouldn't have this problem.

When you make these automations so great (i.e. give a mouse a cookie), naturally I'm going to ask for a glass of milk.

@Spyderman09

I believe they could create location geofences in the app itself, that could toggle the setting at the car (API) layer, __assuming__ the feature (i.e., present handles) is a toggle in the API. So in other words, even if the Tesla API doesn't have location based triggers for some features, that part could be handled by the application (app detects location >> sets handle state).

Not sure about background keep alive, etc., but just kind of thinking out loud.

Oh yeah, I've been traveling and haven't even looked at the new version, there's a whole geolocation automation triggering function now, duh ...

1659395521465.png